reward more stealth to avoid unhooking rushers and suicidal runners

I stopped counting the times when a random survivor ran straight at me to unhook me even if the killer is right behind them (and they don't use Bill's perk). It usually ends up with a 10m run before the killer hits me and hook me up again... that's ruining part of the game based on stealth.

With players becoming better and better with killers, it could become really hard to escape or even getting close to it. If you're not a champ at being chased for several minutes (that's my case), then you generally earn only a few blood points.

And it becomes weird, seeing survivor running all around the map, sometime without trying to fix any generator, just to be chased and earn points... but in the same time gambling away the chance for the others to escape. I mean: escaping should be the main objective of any survivor. Not getting chased then sacrificed...

To try and balance a bit more this trend, I'm not suggesting to lower the reward from being chased: It's hard and deserve to be rewarded. But could we find a way to reward the stealth more, the ability to avoid being found by the killer. With the available aura detection perks for the killer, the blood orbs of the oni, the ability for ghostface to know when he's looked at... It's pretty hard too. So if the reward for stealth was as profitable as being chased and unhooking survivors, then we should see less suicidal survivors and the game would be more interesting for both side: survivors and killers

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I'm not sure I would want stealth to be rewarded highly tbh. I can imagine matches of 4 P3 Claudettes, Urbanly Evading around a map and I would find that incredibly boring to play against. To me the game is not about Hide & Seek, I definitely prefer chases as both a survivor and a killer.