Reporting someone without having a recording.
So I just had this jake and oni working together to kill team mates. I was not recording it however, I did report both of them.
Are reports even worth it without having a recording of what happened?
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
Not really
So do they just expect people to have a recording software on 24/7 when they're playing?
What about console players? I'm assuming they can't even record gameplay.
You can always tab out to open up OBS or something. Console players have Shadowplay enabled allowing them to record clips of their gameplay easily afaik
That is just not helpful.
Not everyone has OBS, some people who do don't have it set up to pick up Dead By Daylight so they would have to waste time setting that up.
IMO they should have a recording/playback system in game.
If it helps at all, it's free to download and setting up display capture (or game capture too) takes literally 5 seconds. I agree it's not the best but having something like OBS or even GeForce Experience (which also comes with Shadowplay) that's fairly simple to set up can be incredibly beneficial, especially to recording your dbd games in case of a hacker or cheater. And, like mentioned previously, consoles always have the option of Shadowplay too.
Right now, there is now way for playback, so for certain things it does require a video recording. If you have a Nvidia Graphics card, they offer a recording software with GeForce Experience.
Still report people though as it helps in the long run.
Unfortunately the report system in its current form requires the witness of anything bannable to record it themselves. Without being provided video proof sent by the customer they are unable to identify cheats/exploits/bannable offenses, so just keep that in mind for the next incident.
I stream so I do have OBS setup to record dbd. But the game is in real time so it wont just stop to let you open it up and start recording, so a lot of things that can be reported ( hacking/cheating/bugs/griefing) are just missed.
I do still report them when I am not streaming, but I shouldn't be expected to have a recording software open to try to catch everything that happens. I'm lucky enough that my pc can handle running DBD and OBS at the same time, but not everyone is as fortunate.
Is this a feature that is planned to be added at some point or ?
Hence why I also talked about GeForce Experience, or a different piece of software with Shadowplay. Also from my experience, if someone hacks once they will several times.
It's not an ideal solution, I'm well aware, and I wish it wasn't the case, but this is the best option you have right now.
I'm aware of the options and how not amazing they are, I'm questioning if they ever even considered adding one that can be activated in game with a hotkey.
To my kowledge there currently are no plans for this to be added as of now.
Shame, thank you for the answer though
Instead of complaining people shouldn't have to run recording software, how about providing a decent suggestion of your own?
Its not like you can use the in game voting because that is prone to abuse by salty babies that report for no valid reason.
Also, not to mention all the people who seems to shout "hacker" when they just don't understand the game mechanics.
yes, you need to have recording software running 24/7 in order to report players.
This is part of why cheaters are so prevalent in this game, because it's very hard to get banned.
I literally gave a suggestion above. Please do some reading.
And there are REALLY OBVIOUS hackers in this game like infinite insta heals and speed hacks.
You shouldnt be talking about not understanding "game mechanics" to someone with over 3k hours.
In game recording isn't really an alternative though, its just the same thing.
And I wasn't talking specifically about you not knowing game mechanics, so dont be so defensive.