Please fix the issue with M1 and M2 click not registering

The work-around doesn't work at all, and I have lost count how many attacks (as killer) and unhooks etc (as survivor) I missed due to M1 and M2 not registering at all.

And I know I'm not alone with the issue.

Comments

  • Try a new mouse. My RB wasn't working in dbd until I realised it was cracked.

  • @bubbabrotha said:

    Try a new mouse. My RB wasn't working in dbd until I realised it was cracked.

    had the problem on two mouses:

    logictech and Razer (mamba wireless), with the razer i tested both wireless and wired. same result. and it's an ongoing and known issue in the game

  • see this post:

    @Kind_Lemon said:

    I'm pretty sure it's because your mouse is going off screen (probs the right side). You may find that if you jerk your mouse to the left when that's happening that you should be able to click. What I've heard is that full screen mode is just a large, border-less windowed mode, and that's why the mouse can leave. Test to see what is happening with your mouse by playing a game in windowed mode.

    I have this problem myself, and changing computer scaling to 100% will solve the problem, but I can't do that because my game would be unplayable (that setting change inadvertently increases resolution, making it super laggy).


  • see the first sentence of my initial post

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    see the first sentence of my initial post

    you have only two sentences in your post. Your first sentence is also the the sentence that includes everything you said pertaining to the issue, so I don't know why you refer readers at the bottom of the comments section to the first sentence.

    What is the "work-around" you mention, since it seems to pertain to something someone wrote in response to the thread.

  • image.png

    I dont know if you tried this but it fixed my laptops problem a little over a year ago.

    In steam right click dead by daylight->manage->Browse local files

    Then right click the exe file->properties

    got to the compatibility tab and click change high DPI Settings

    and I think all you have to do is check the box that is checked in the image above.

    let me know if this helps.

  • @selflessnea said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/I7YHCCFBT3OW/image.png

    I dont know if you tried this but it fixed my laptops problem a little over a year ago.

    In steam right click dead by daylight->manage->Browse local files

    Then right click the exe file->properties

    got to the compatibility tab and click change high DPI Settings

    and I think all you have to do is check the box that is checked in the image above.

    let me know if this helps.

    that's the work around I'Ve been talking about. it didn't help