Camping

I'm so sick of camping Leatherface killers and camping killers in general. It sucks the fun out of the game and it's the reason why players quit playing the game. There needs to be a ZERO bloodpoint camping penalty for killers who camp. I understand getting trolled by survivors as a killer player as well but it's gotten out of hand.

Comments

  • @MasterofSFL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1679965#Comment_1679965

    Well, the devs are wrong.

    You can't simultaneously allow for camping, asking the hooked survivor to "stay there, as long as you can," and then penalize survivors who stay on hook/DC because they have better things to do. You can't also bill your game as an asymmetrical survival-horror with hide&seek elements, only to promote the contrary: Scenic Walking Simulator w/ a side of Myst added in.

    If you're going to validate the most toxic playstyle, you need to reward the target of that playstyle.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1682117#Comment_1682117

    Entity's Displeasure: Hooked Survivors while within your terror radius and 10m of you have reduced death progression shortly after being hooked, while you're not in chase. Entity's Displeasure Is deactivated upon entering a chase, Entity's Displeasure will reactivate after spending a total of 10 seconds near a hooked survivor after exiting a chase. Entity's Displeasure is not in effect when two or more survivors are on hook or during End-Game Collapse.

    It's not hard to target the scenario everyone hates

    Oh, I like that.

    Though a quick dirty way to do it would probably be to just not award blood points for camping so sacrifices don't have as much weight if they go through the entire hook progression in one go. So having it count as if they did only one hook vs full sacrifice points. So that way it would have the killers depip for the behavior. So you reward killers that chase, find, and hook survivors for each unique hook with more blood points for better behavior and maxing out chase and other categories. This way killers that don't chase, find survivors, or ect won't get pip progression and stay in the 20 to teens.

  • @Shallgale said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1682225#Comment_1682225

    Oh, I like that.

    Though a quick dirty way to do it would probably be to just not award blood points for camping so sacrifices don't have as much weight if they go through the entire hook progression in one go. So having it count as if they did only one hook vs full sacrifice points. So that way it would have the killers depip for the behavior. So you reward killers that chase, find, and hook survivors for each unique hook with more blood points for better behavior and maxing out chase and other categories. This way killers that don't chase, find survivors, or ect won't get pip progression and stay in the 20 to teens.

    Killers already Depip for camping, it doesn't dissuade the behavior.

  • @MasterofSFL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1682241#Comment_1682241

    Killers already Depip for camping, it doesn't dissuade the behavior.

    I didn't realize, but then again I have never seen one of them depip for staring longingly into my eyes until the sweet sweet release of death.

    I'm starting to wonder if my teams hook rescue game needs to be weaker.... :/

  • @rickyray101 said:

    I'm so sick of camping Leatherface killers and camping killers in general. It sucks the fun out of the game and it's the reason why players quit playing the game. There needs to be a ZERO bloodpoint camping penalty for killers who camp. I understand getting trolled by survivors as a killer player as well but it's gotten out of hand.

    I’ve never agreed more just finished a game with a demogorgon that had no Ed and my entire team left me for dead and I basically carried them the whole game! ( Sry I’m trying to be humble but it’s very hard)

1 2 ›