I trust the developers will optimize the game and fix the low fps and increase the graphics to like pc-standards.
If gta 5 runs extremely well on the ps4 and is getting a remaster for ps5 and runs better, Dbd can run fine as well.
My running theory is that they’ve always been trying to optimise for console but once next gen was announced for a 2020 release, the crunch set in and it made better business sense to ensure they focused their resources on getting the game to run as smooth as possible for next gen instead.
The real question is if you are expected to buy the game and all it's add ons and start from scratch. If there is cross progression that would be amazing. I just don't think I have it in me to start from nothing. This game is such a grind....
Haven't really read much about next gen consoles yet. Is there gonna be much of a difference between the Series X and PS5 performance wise?
As far as I can tell, not really (for all intents and purposes). Of course there are differing numbers, but the differences won’t result in significant differences.
Sony haven’t publicly shown how well existing games run on PS5 other than Spider-Man (which insomniac then went all the way with by doing a remaster, because why not if you’re already tweaking the game to show off new hardware).
But if the public tests of the new Xbox’s are anything to go by, we could likely expect ridiculously fast load times of the initial boot up of DBD, and finally get consistent 60fps (except in cases of unavoidable server lag due to the quality of other players connections)
The real question is if you are expected to buy the game and all it's add ons and start from scratch. If there is cross progression that would be amazing. I just don't think I have it in me to start from nothing. This game is such a grind....
They’ve already publicly stated that owners of existing PS4 DBD get a free upgrade to PS5.
I couldn’t imagine anyone needs to start from scratch though. That would kill the Sony player base
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
What map consistently gets the lowest FPS as of today? 🤔
Yes, related question to the topic, cause i'd like to see that map on next-gen.
heh we'll see how that goes. I hope devs can work on their graphics and Fps
Do you know what the next chapter is? Any theorys brewing?
I trust the developers will optimize the game and fix the low fps and increase the graphics to like pc-standards.
If gta 5 runs extremely well on the ps4 and is getting a remaster for ps5 and runs better, Dbd can run fine as well.
My running theory is that they’ve always been trying to optimise for console but once next gen was announced for a 2020 release, the crunch set in and it made better business sense to ensure they focused their resources on getting the game to run as smooth as possible for next gen instead.
Ditto.
Haven't really read much about next gen consoles yet. Is there gonna be much of a difference between the Series X and PS5 performance wise?
The real question is if you are expected to buy the game and all it's add ons and start from scratch. If there is cross progression that would be amazing. I just don't think I have it in me to start from nothing. This game is such a grind....
Same I just hope it runs the game quietly. Can’t wait to throw my PS4 pro jet engine in the trash.
As far as I can tell, not really (for all intents and purposes). Of course there are differing numbers, but the differences won’t result in significant differences.
Sony haven’t publicly shown how well existing games run on PS5 other than Spider-Man (which insomniac then went all the way with by doing a remaster, because why not if you’re already tweaking the game to show off new hardware).
But if the public tests of the new Xbox’s are anything to go by, we could likely expect ridiculously fast load times of the initial boot up of DBD, and finally get consistent 60fps (except in cases of unavoidable server lag due to the quality of other players connections)
They’ve already publicly stated that owners of existing PS4 DBD get a free upgrade to PS5.
I couldn’t imagine anyone needs to start from scratch though. That would kill the Sony player base
Why buy a ps5 at all? 🤷♀️
I try to get ps5 but pre order all sold out so I got new ps4 pro for now.
Although Sony is not transferring most of their ps4 game progression dbd. I do believe that dbd servers hold our game information on their server.