Ruin+Undying is not fun at all (as killer or survivor)
I'm 60% killer 40% survivor.
I'm playing killer, main Doctor, and I'm 4k-ing at 3 or 4 gens with little to no effort, It's just boring and I'm starting to feel bad for survivors. I still haven't had a match where they found my totems (or by the time they did, the match was pretty much over), but it's pretty boring to see survivors die without hope, some of them even suicide, it's not even challenging for me. It's the reason why the old ruin was "nerfed" (or reworked, however you want to see it), it gives A LOT of value with little to no effort. I just don't feel rewarding winning like this, so I'm just going back to my corrupt+pop slow down.
As survivor, I'm solo player (maybe in SWF is not that OP). I like to totem hunt, I know the spots, the problem is that by the time I do the totems, one or more people on my team are on death hook and we're at 4 or 5 gens, so it's pretty much an uphill battle if the killer is decent. Even if we focus on gens, the pressure of going for unhooks, heal and going back to the regressed gen is like getting 2 PGTW.
I'm not a blind killer main, I like challenges and I want the match to be fair and fun for everyone. This feels wrong, I think undying should be nerfed, like 1 totem respawn, not 4. And the aura reading makes it like a stronger Thrill of the Hunt. It's like TOO MUCH going on in one single perk. I hope it gets reworked.
What are your thoughts?
Comments
It must be fun for you to have a squad of dead hard, borrowed time, decisive strike and unbreakable gen rushing you... you are right the need to nerf the killers more!
I can't even do anything without ruin/undying. Three gens are popped before I get a single hook. I'm about to just run all gen slow down perks and pray I stop getting into lobbies with 4 DS and 4 BT.
I'm a killer main who runs it on most if not all of my killers. It's not OP, that can get cleansed early game. And it's still easily countered by Gen-Rushers who spread out. Killers cannot push more than one person off of a gen at a time and cannot chase more than one person at a time. We don't have any OP abilities contrary to irrational popular belief.
Also, when I play survivor, I'm not even going to bother looking for undying and ruin unless the killer is getting work off of it. If it takes us like 5 minutes to pop 1 generator because my teammates are playing bad and can't all stick to generators. I'm going to look for it and cleanse it. It helps to memorize totem spawn locations on every map so you know what places to check first. It's rng but knowing the possible spots makes it that much easier.