Something rather funny I've noted as Pyramid Head.
So, it's actually rather hilarious to me, but really killer sided maps like Hawkins, Dead Dawg, etc, are actually absolute horseshit for Pyramid Head. The small loops ensure his power gives basically no value, not even with zoning, and don't get me started on the verticals. Yet somehow, maps like Ormond and Haddonfield (which, btw, has significantly more verticality) are better maps for him. At least in terms of performance (still mid-stats project and my kill rates on Ormond are h i g h lemme tell you).
But yeah, just an interesting observation I've made, he completely flips the switch in terms of good and bad maps. Blood Lodge is orgasmic whilst Chapel and The Game is like pulling teeth..
As a side note BHVR please fix his power just not working with the sightest change in height okay thank you :)
Comments
I think there's certain maps killers are good and bad on, Huntress for example, she suffers terribly on indoor maps like Hawkins, but can get hatchet snipes on outdoor maps.
Oh yeah, definitely. I just find it hilarious how maps that are usually so killer sided become his worst nightmare whilst Haddonfield is a walk in the park lol.
I find the opposite tbh, with Pyramid head. Depending on the layout of which Haddonfield you get, you're not gonna hit your ranged attack on windows that have a drop. Add in the fact most layouts have a near infinite with some of the houses. Dead Dawg seems fine for any killer, it's not too big and there's no nasty loops.
Hawkins is good for him and his trail, you can certainly force torment there. While there is a lot of pallets, majority are unsafe so you should get a hit, not to mention easier to hit his ranged attack there with the narrow corridors.
The narrow corridoors are actually why I find Haddonfield to be so good, combined with the fact you can place trials under windows with drops to force torment. You can easily use your ability around the map.
Saloon I hate because you just... don't use your power. That's how you win. You just don't use it because it doesn't work- there are too many slight increases in the ground to do so and it just fails and you're like "######### me i guess". Hawkins it's the same- you just don't use your Punishment Of The Damned to get hits because all the loops are so short you can't use it to zone or get the hit. You'd use your trails and... that's it. It's boring. Plus the centre room with the catwalks- no hope of even thinking of using your ability.
And anyone who's seen me play knows my favourite part of using PH is using POTD as much as is humanly possible; I play for fun, not to win.
Yeah i guess, Bit like Wraith for me on Haddonfield, hard to play him there effectively for me with all the windows and loops, that most of the time, a survivor legs it and hops a window before i can get uncloaked and catch up.
Indoor maps are also a bane for my clown haha, especially long corridors that block my long distance throws. Game map being the worst offender of not being able to use your bottles effectively there.
I dont see why. You dont need them locked into an animation to get the hit so these maps should be no different.
PH is OP so killer sided maps like hawkins and the game should be a piece of cake for him
I'm well aware you don't need them locked into animations, and his power is good for significantly more than zoning; that's exactly what I try and prove every time I play him. I use my POTD at almost every opportunity I can.
That being said, the way I play him involves following survivors around a loop with ROJ and seeing what they do, before firing it off when they don't expect it, then going for some quickshots and delayed shots mixed up. On maps like DDS and Hawkins, the loops are so short that my playstyle just kinda... doesn't work. It's really sad, but on maps like Haddonfield or maps with longer loops (hi Ormond) it works significantly better. It's probably just me being bad, but throw in the verticality aspect of DDS (you can't actually shoot into shack from the outside, which is fun, and his POTD can't be used on the main building like ever because there are so many spots to jump down or you need to use it up some stairs or round the corner but inside there's nothing so it just stop working) and it makes me sad.
Also, Pyramid Head isn't OP; far from it. He's incredibly overbearing in chases and I hope he gets toned down slightly (and if you tunnel as Pyramid Head by abusing cages you're bad, that's just the tea) but he definitely isn't OP.
The only op thing PH had was having no cooldown on using a swing after exiting Rites. They should've compensated him on his POTD more, with the width being extended a bit more.