Perk changes aren`t enough
HI. I JUST WANT TO GIVE MY FEEDBACK ABOUT THESE PERK CHANGES. SOME OF THEM ARE OK, SOME OF THEM ARE NEARLY PERFECT BUT A COUPLE OF THEM ARE COMPLETETY POINTLESS AND UNECESSARY. JUST HEAR ME OUT.
TRAIL OF TORMENT
The overall idea is ok and I really like it. However, I think that the distance from which the generator is highlighted should be reduced to 16/24/32 metres. Survivors are not blind and they should know generators locations. It`s just too easy to disable this perk.
FORCED PENANCE
Increased duration won`t make a difference. The perk is still very situational. My suggestions are:
- Adding additional blindness/oblivious effect (or both).
- Cool-down reduction on successful attack after triggering the perk.
BLOOD PACT
There is just one problem with this perk. After the healing, when the obsession leaves the 16 meters radius for just one second and then comes back the whole perk is made useless. The haste effect should activate every time you are close after completing healing action for the next 60 seconds (or more).
ANY MEANS NECESSARY
Decreased cooldown is fine but that was not the problem. Good killers tend to break only safe pallets, leaving you only with the garbage ones. My ideas (choose one of them):
- After dropping a pallet you gain the haste effect for 5/10/15 seconds
- You see the aura of dropped pallets.
- You drop pallets faster (might be too good but worth testing)
FOR THE PEOPLE
This perk is just a suicide mission. I have no idea what you should do but extra points aren`t enough.
MINDBREAKER
This one needs serious help and improvements. Increased duration of exhaustion can be still easily countered by a survivor walking mid-chase. These might not be enough but I am trying ok?
- After recovering from the exhaustion status effect survivor will scream and reveal their location.
- While repairing, healing and cleansing survivors won`t recover from exhaustion.
CRUEL LIMITS
Another garbage tier perk. Hear me out.
- Each time a generator is completed the (some number 5-9 idk) nearest vaults and PALLETS are blocked for all survivors for the next 30 seconds.
This prevents perk from doing nothing when a generator is in dead zone.
- Each time a generator is completed the generator with the most amount of progress will be blocked (no matter what) for the next 30 seconds. Affected generator is highlighted by a white aura.
AND I THINK THAT`S ALL. DON`T MIND MY MISTAKES, I AM NOT A DICTIONARY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME. I HOPE THIS POST WILL BE NOTICED.
Comments
That sounds fair
They could also make Thanatophobia work like this:
8% per injured survivor, maximum cap of 16%, it affects repairing, sabotaging & cleansing
If 2 survivors are injured you get the maximum power of Thanatophobia. When 4 are injured then they´ll still only be affected by 16% but have to heal a minimum of 3 in order to reduce the 16% to 8% and 4 to reduce it to 0%.
My reasoning behind achieving the maximum slowdown for half the effort is that since BHVR tries to buff Thanatophobia by a whooping 1% is because they know that Legion and the Plague are capable of easily getting the most of the perk unlike other Killers.
Instead of nerfing this perk to not work so well on these 2 killers we´ll instead be reworking it to work well on ALL killers but have it´s effect remain relatively the same on these two.
As not found above Thanatophobia won´t be affecting healing in order to promote healing so one survivor doesn´t just 99% heal and work on gens.
I like it! :D
Trail of Torment: I understand your complaints. However, certain killers need their Terror Radius to be heard in order for their high mobility to be somewhat fair. Having the ability to cross maps with a minimal warning makes the perk require an easy way to turn off the undetectable. It also has a built in Surveillance on the singular generator. If you really need it buffed, you could have it so the generator needs to be worked on for a total of 4/6/8 seconds in order to fully deactivate the perk. Not sure how they would do that, but it would at least guarantee a few seconds instead of being instantly deactivated by a Blendette.
Forced Penance: Mentioned this in a different post, but I agree on the increased duration not meaning jack. However, instead of doing obliviousness or blindness which gets close to infringing on other perks, having it have an indefinite broken effect until the survivor goes down, and having an aura reveal for 4/5/6 seconds makes it so the killer can make a somewhat educated choice.
Blood Pact: I agree with the cooldown being BS. If anything, they should have made it's effects in line with Deathbound and it's 8/12/16 meters, making it so the effect would be present at all times within that range, without a cooldown. Though this may just be personal bias against hard cooldowns. However, I do think that the perk should have the effect of revealing your aura while injured if you are the Obsession instead of just becoming a dead slot.
Any Means Necessary: Disagree with the haste, Windows of Opportunity does this for you, and Resilience and Spine Chill do the last effect for you. However, do agree that it needs a buff. Potentially reducing the time to rest to 3.5 seconds could be a start, as well as making it so reset pallets provide a 50% longer stun time, making it so unsafe pallets can have value from being reset. For other buffs, I am not sure, but those buffs you suggested begin to become reminiscent of other perks.
For the People: An instant health state can be critical for undoing a killer's pressure. However I do agree that it is not worth the risk in most occasions. Potentially For the People could 'cleanse' the Survivor you are healing of many of their negative status effects, like Exhaustion, to help them escape. Another potential benefit it could have is making the Survivor you instantly heal leaves no scratches, blood, or makes noise, like a Babysitter upon heal for a few seconds.
Mindbreaker: I agree that it does need buffs. I do not agree with what you proposed. As a killer, you want them doing other things than healing, so punishing healing and cleansing does not make sense to me. However, I agree with making it so while repairing a generator at any % prevents the survivor from Exhaustion. Bumping the numbers to 8/12/16 seconds of Exhaustion, and making it so Exhaustion does not recover while working on a Generator, period, would definitely give the perk some use as a counter to exhaustion perks, while not being oppressive to survivors.
Cruel Limits: Do not make it so survivors have no options. That is neither fun or fair. This is why I believe that Cruel Limits should never block pallets if it is to specialize in blocking windows. Additionally, I do not believe you should have a free generator blocker on the next generator to pop just by equipping the perk. These would take away much of the Survivor's agency, and that is not fun or fair. However, it does need a buff, and as I suggested in a different thread, having Cruel Limits trigger it's 32 meter radius around the Gen and the Killer would be beneficial for the Killer, and help them in chase. Additionally, having it block all windows for 30 seconds when all generators are completed puts it in line with perks like Bitter Murmur. This could potentially be too powerful, but is worth trying, as it still allows players to use their pallets, while still giving the perk a solid identity and use.