Pyramid Head’s recent changes are....interesting

Yes I am aware that console doesn’t get PTB therefore I shouldn’t be covering this...but I am a Pyramid Head/Blight main wanting this game to be healthy, these recent changes to Pyramid Head however are interesting.



Pyramid Head’s ranged attack (I believe) was as long as the normal hit cooldown (correct me if I am wrong), with that changing it makes his ranged attack actually stronger, allowing him to zone survivors better than before.

I am fine with the new cooldown change, I was confused between his bait cooldown (starting to activate RoJ) and him releasing his RoJ (ending RoJ without attacking with JotD)


Overall this patch did buff Pyramid Head, allowing his ranged attack to recover faster at the cost of a weaker baiting tool is nice.


I am aware that this is a PTB, so the numbers can change, later today I will make a post for this update, I have alot planned for posting that I really need to get out to everyone

Comments

  • Actually the change was an overall nerf, you gained a 1 second slow and 0.5 second of cancelling, for 0.5 seconds of recovery. So overall that's a 1 second negative and they gain more distance than before. Additionally they didn't address the main problem of his wave being dumb easy to dodge unless the survivor was animation locked, which is the main reason why no one goes for it, not the cooldown after. The cooldown after would be fine if the attack wasn't so slow and narrow with restricted aiming/movement.

    If they really wanted to push this angle they need to reduce the cooldown further, otherwise the actual wave needs buffs.

  • Hoodied is back. Where were you? I saw you being banned.

  • @MrDardon said:

    Hoodied is back. Where were you? I saw you being banned.

    I got banned for telling someone to “shut up” when I saw a NoeD post, so I kinda just waited while playing dbd and apex legends

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654656#Comment_1654656

    I got banned for telling someone to “shut up” when I saw a NoeD post, so I kinda just waited while playing dbd and apex legends

    Wow, what a reason. I saw people write much worse and they were just jailed. At least they changed their mentality since then.

  • @MrPenguin said:

    Actually the change was an overall nerf, you gained a 1 second slow and 0.5 second of cancelling, for 0.5 seconds of recovery. So overall that's a 1 second negative and they gain more distance than before. Additionally they didn't address the main problem of his wave being dumb easy to dodge unless the survivor was animation locked, which is the main reason why no one goes for it, not the cooldown after. The cooldown after would be fine if the attack wasn't so slow and narrow with restricted aiming/movement.

    If they really wanted to push this angle they need to reduce the cooldown further, otherwise the actual wave needs buffs.

    The cooldown on his ranged attack doesn't need buffing further, it's his clunkiness that now needs to be addressed. Honestly I'd be all for him being even slower when cancelling his power as long as he had full sensitivity and camera movement. If console players could set the send to however high they want, and pc players get full mouse support I'd like him a lot more, there would be a lot more to learn about him. But right now you're still limited to the same turn speed and it's boring and unintuitive as hell when you're using a mouse or even a high sensitivity on a controller because you can't even turn the camera at your normal speed like that either.

  • @Hoodied said:

    Yes I am aware that console doesn’t get PTB therefore I shouldn’t be covering this...but I am a Pyramid Head/Blight main wanting this game to be healthy, these recent changes to Pyramid Head however are interesting.

    Pyramid Head’s ranged attack (I believe) was as long as the normal hit cooldown (correct me if I am wrong), with that changing it makes his ranged attack actually stronger, allowing him to zone survivors better than before.

    I am fine with the new cooldown change, I was confused between his bait cooldown (starting to activate RoJ) and him releasing his RoJ (ending RoJ without attacking with JotD)

    Overall this patch did buff Pyramid Head, allowing his ranged attack to recover faster at the cost of a weaker baiting tool is nice.

    I am aware that this is a PTB, so the numbers can change, later today I will make a post for this update, I have alot planned for posting that I really need to get out to everyone

    I feel like the cooldown needs to be longer, in exchange for full mouse control, and a faster POD to compensate, because you can still zone brainlessly.

    On a side note, welcome back to the forums :D.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654644#Comment_1654644

    The cooldown on his ranged attack doesn't need buffing further, it's his clunkiness that now needs to be addressed. Honestly I'd be all for him being even slower when cancelling his power as long as he had full sensitivity and camera movement. If console players could set the send to however high they want, and pc players get full mouse support I'd like him a lot more, there would be a lot more to learn about him. But right now you're still limited to the same turn speed and it's boring and unintuitive as hell when you're using a mouse or even a high sensitivity on a controller because you can't even turn the camera at your normal speed like that either.

    On top of that, I think he needs the big old red light on the ground that the survivor can see before he shoots removed, because a survivor will always dodge that thing.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1655545#Comment_1655545

    On top of that, I think he needs the big old red light on the ground that the survivor can see before he shoots removed, because a survivor will always dodge that thing.

    Idk about that, it kind of needs to be there because of the fact it can go through walls and you'll not even be able to see the pyramid head fire it sometimes. Then again the pyramid head won't have any indication as to where you are almost all the time unless you run through the trail...not sure. Maybe if it was only like a flash, or the light is slightly more delayed than it is now.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1655563#Comment_1655563

    Well you say that, but on my ping (usually 70-150) I already pretty much can't dodge his attack, even when I'm expecting it to come and am already looking at the ground.

    That's your ping to blame, not the balance of the killer. My ping is anywhere from I believe 30-60 and I can dodge it just fine.

  • The attack cooldown decrease is barely noticeable. I'm all for increasing the cancellation cooldown, but there's a reason people play PH like that. His wave needs to move a bit quicker.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1655803#Comment_1655803

    True enough, but that's also a fundamental flaw with PH, I find. You shouldn't need to have extremely good ping in order to play against him as intended, because many people will simply have higher ping and there's nothing they can really do about it. Pyramid Head is the only killer I can think of that this really applies to, because you already can't react to a fully charged hatchet from Huntress or a shot from Deathslinger regardless of ping.

    ok lets make his wave unreactable then.