A Pause To Think Again: We're Gonna Live Forever

ashdeadby_2797823b.jpg

I have been playing Dead by Daylight for 8 months and 8 months I play as a survivor. The worst part of being main as a survivor is having to suffer to get bloodpoints. Many times you have a breathtaking game and still can't even get close to 32K and not everyone has the same skills and focuses that guarantee maximum points in all categories. I love Prove Thyself to help my team and to farm. It is an efficient perk that benefits me and speeds up my allies' goal. We're Gonna Live Forever is a perk I've always used. I don't care so much for pips. For me, farming is a much bigger prize because it rewards me based on the effort I made during the match. However, to be honest, none of this has been enough.

Devs, please, David's new buff on the perk does not guarantee anything bonuses other than the healing speed on survivors lying on the ground. This is something extremely useful because it avoids slugging and above all it prevents the survivor from going to the hook. We're Gonna Live Forever has become a great selfless perk but what about the part where you add new ways to guarantee the percentage of bonuses in the categories? That's why I started playing the killer recently and was shocked by the ease of winning over 40K of bloodpoints. Using only Barbecue & Chilli without any additional bonus offerings, killer does not go hungry. This is a fact that cannot be denied. The point, at least for me, is that I don't find playing killer as exciting as I like playing survivor.

About the perk itself, there are some aspects that make this perk not have its purpose as it should and that does not guarantee stacks from "new ways" as spoken by the devs. First, saving a survivor from the killer's lap with a flashlight requires skill and many still don't master using that item. Pallet saves are extremely situational and rare to succeed. Only a babykiller not to notice that a survivor lying in the middle of a pallet can be saved if there is another ally nearby to drop the pallet. With that in mind and taking into account that stacks could already be obtained by doing any of the previous actions, I would very much like devs to rethink new ways to secure bonus stacks. Raising survivors from the ground as well as healing states of life completely would be far better situations to think about, since healing is a recurring action with great intensity in the course of the matches.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who uses We're Gonna Live Forever and I don't want to have to play killer whenever I want to farm better. Reinforcing what many have outlined their thoughts here about this David's perk, I leave here what I think about it and I strongly hope that the devs will take notice of it. I may not be good at loops, but I just wanted to make my generators, heal my friends and earn my double bonuses in peace. Looking forward to the new updates on the Xbox. See ya'll in the gate!

Comments

  • @LuisPaulo said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/TENYDAOF51AK/ashdeadby-2797823b.jpg

    I have been playing Dead by Daylight for 8 months and 8 months I play as a survivor. The worst part of being main as a survivor is having to suffer to get bloodpoints. Many times you have a breathtaking game and still can't even get close to 32K and not everyone has the same skills and focuses that guarantee maximum points in all categories. I love Prove Thyself to help my team and to farm. It is an efficient perk that benefits me and speeds up my allies' goal. We're Gonna Live Forever is a perk I've always used. I don't care so much for pips. For me, farming is a much bigger prize because it rewards me based on the effort I made during the match. However, to be honest, none of this has been enough.

    Devs, please, David's new buff on the perk does not guarantee anything bonuses other than the healing speed on survivors lying on the ground. This is something extremely useful because it avoids slugging and above all it prevents the survivor from going to the hook. We're Gonna Live Forever has become a great selfless perk but what about the part where you add new ways to guarantee the percentage of bonuses in the categories? That's why I started playing the killer recently and was shocked by the ease of winning over 40K of bloodpoints. Using only Barbecue & Chilli without any additional bonus offerings, killer does not go hungry. This is a fact that cannot be denied. The point, at least for me, is that I don't find playing killer as exciting as I like playing survivor.

    About the perk itself, there are some aspects that make this perk not have its purpose as it should and that does not guarantee stacks from "new ways" as spoken by the devs. First, saving a survivor from the killer's lap with a flashlight requires skill and many still don't master using that item. Pallet saves are extremely situational and rare to succeed. Only a babykiller not to notice that a survivor lying in the middle of a pallet can be saved if there is another ally nearby to drop the pallet. With that in mind and taking into account that stacks could already be obtained by doing any of the previous actions, I would very much like devs to rethink new ways to secure bonus stacks. Raising survivors from the ground as well as healing states of life completely would be far better situations to think about, since healing is a recurring action with great intensity in the course of the matches.

    I'm sure I'm not the only one who uses We're Gonna Live Forever and I don't want to have to play killer whenever I want to farm better. Reinforcing what many have outlined their thoughts here about this David's perk, I leave here what I think about it and I strongly hope that the devs will take notice of it. I may not be good at loops, but I just wanted to make my generators, heal my friends and earn my double bonuses in peace. Looking forward to the new updates on the Xbox. See ya'll in the gate!

    Flashlight and pallet saves always gave stacks. Also both of them are very easy.

  • I wouldn't mind if it gave stacks for picking people up off the ground. Would be some extra encouragement when running the perk.

    I'll also say that people are vastly underestimating 100% heal speed on slugged survivors, that is insanely strong. I would run that even if it didn't have a BP component on it. Might even be too strong honestly.

  • @Blueberry said:

    I wouldn't mind if it gave stacks for picking people up off the ground. Would be some extra encouragement when running the perk.

    I'll also say that people are vastly underestimating 100% heal speed on slugged survivors, that is insanely strong. I would run that even if it didn't have a BP component on it. Might even be too strong honestly.

    Like BBq & Chilli?


    But yeah, back on topic. WGLF is a perk that I went with instantly after Dead Hard when I created an extra account to play with a mate who almost never plays. Since I've held red rank for a while, I'm not only a more skilled survivor than a majority of what you'd face at those ranks, so going for those saves for extra BP is better for me as I'm less likely to be caught and hooked.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1657911#Comment_1657911

    Like BBq & Chilli?

    But yeah, back on topic. WGLF is a perk that I went with instantly after Dead Hard when I created an extra account to play with a mate who almost never plays. Since I've held red rank for a while, I'm not only a more skilled survivor than a majority of what you'd face at those ranks, so going for those saves for extra BP is better for me as I'm less likely to be caught and hooked.

    Yes like BBQ and Chilli? I wasn't implying that was a bad thing

    My point was that people are acting like the healing on slugged survivors isn't that good and it is, very good.

  • Welcome to the forums. You are correct that it is far easier to earn bloodpoints as a killer. I've always felt that WGLF shouldn't be tied to unhooks or protection hits. It should be tied to generators. You know the thing that survivors do to escape? The bonus should be 20% bloodpoints for each generator finished with a cap of 5 tokens. That is the fairest way to do it. I actually think that both BBQ and WGLF should have the bloodpoint bonuses stripped off the perks and they should be added to the base game. Call it "Entity's Favor" or something. No one should have to work for half bloodpoints. Especially players just starting out. The grind is already insane.

  • @Blueberry said:

    I wouldn't mind if it gave stacks for picking people up off the ground. Would be some extra encouragement when running the perk.

    I'll also say that people are vastly underestimating 100% heal speed on slugged survivors, that is insanely strong. I would run that even if it didn't have a BP component on it. Might even be too strong honestly.

    Considering how long it takes to heal someone from the dying state, it should absolutely grant you a token. Why this isn't a thing I'll never understand.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1657947#Comment_1657947

    Yes like BBQ and Chilli? I wasn't implying that was a bad thing

    My point was that people are acting like the healing on slugged survivors isn't that good and it is, very good.

    Well, after the DS/Pop comments with a similar thing I thought it's only fair to pull them same when the roles are reversed.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1657988#Comment_1657988

    Well, after the DS/Pop comments with a similar thing I thought it's only fair to pull them same when the roles are reversed.

    What DS/Pop comments?

  • About Pop lasting too long so they reduced it to 45 seconds as killers were able to chase and down someone before using Pop, then some bright sparks had the inevitable 'Just like Decisive Strike?" argument-but-not-really.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1658169#Comment_1658169

    About Pop lasting too long so they reduced it to 45 seconds as killers were able to chase and down someone before using Pop, then some bright sparks had the inevitable 'Just like Decisive Strike?" argument-but-not-really.

    While I don't care much about the nerf to Pop, I disagree with your opinion on DS.

    Almo's description of why they nerfed Pop is the exact issue with DS currently. It was a perfect response in my opinion.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1658178#Comment_1658178

    While I don't care much about the nerf to Pop, I disagree with your opinion on DS.

    Almo's description of why they nerfed Pop is the exact issue with DS currently. It was a perfect response in my opinion.

    DS Itself is fine. It's how people use it that's currently the issue.

    I don't think it needs changing.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1658180#Comment_1658180

    DS Itself is fine. It's how people use it that's currently the issue.

    I don't think it needs changing.

    "It's how people use it that's currently the issue."

    AKA "Pop's duration is being reduced because we found you could spend too much time doing other things and still have it available."

    If you admit how people are using it is an issue, then you are admitting that it does need changing. Making it so people can't use it in an abusive way is all people want.