Gen Speed fix

48 seconds with two survivors on gen is a extreme jump from 80 seconds with one survivor on gen. Reducing the speed of coop gen repair will give a low mobility killer like trapper, hag, etc. get more of a chance rather than be completely gen rushed. Gen repairs while coop should be 60 seconds with two and 46 seconds with three.

And before anyone say use corrupt intervention. If I’m playing trapper/hag I have to set my traps and practically waisting my entire CI, and that’s if I’m not having a survivor purposely setting them off.

i would like this game to make all killers actually viable at the top ranks rather than just a handful.

Comments

  • @tfareyouthinking said:

    48 seconds with two survivors on gen is a extreme jump from 80 seconds with one survivor on gen. Reducing the speed of coop gen repair will give a low mobility killer like trapper, hag, etc. get more of a chance rather than be completely gen rushed. Gen repairs while coop should be 60 seconds with two and 46 seconds with three.

    And before anyone say use corrupt intervention. If I’m playing trapper/hag I have to set my traps and practically waisting my entire CI, and that’s if I’m not having a survivor purposely setting them off.

    i would like this game to make all killers actually viable at the top ranks rather than just a handful.

    I have stated time and time and time again that a 30-second decrease for a second survivor joining you is ridiculous.

    I think the times should be 100, 80, 65, 50 for generators honestly.

    Two problems however with fixing generator repair speeds:

    If you change speeds, it becomes more beneficial for Survivors to spread out - knock 2/3/4 gens out in 100 seconds or knock 2 out in 80.

    If you leave it as they are, ganging up is too strong.

    I think a better fix would be to only allow one toolbox to be used at a single time on a generator - and only one brand new part at any given point during the match on each generator (so you can''t stack them onto a generator by using one with one person, them stopping, and another using theirs with their toolbox).

  • That's because trapper and hag are prep killers.

    It's okay to lose a gen or two on these killers and that's exactly why corrupt is good.

    It's not "wasted" if you spend the entirety of it setting traps because that's the point. Keeping survivors off gens before you have your prepping done.

    With as much coop repair penalty as you're suggesting people would just not coop repair gens and instead of losing 1 gen before you can do anything you'll lose 2 gens after interrupting one that's close to done.

    Honestly as a killer survivors not coop repairing is scarier than coop repair. Yeah if they coop repair and you're pre occupied you'll probably lose the gen, but coop repairs are easy to pressure. Individual repairing survivors are almost impossible to pressure if they play even remotely well.

  • Still less efficient than working on diffrent gens in the meantime.