What was the literal point of the offering spawning hatch in a certain spot?

If anything it made keys have no counter if I am being honest. If it was a 4 man swf, it guarantees that at least 1-3 players escape, if they have a key with them. So you would have to play fairly scummy and slug to even get a certain amount of kills. I feel like they would be more balanced, if the killer could do more. Maybe break hatch? Idk, what do you guys think of the offerings, that literally nobody asked for?

Comments

  • I've tried the offerings, they're not even guaranteed to work. I had a hatch offering spawn the hatch by the exit gate instead.

    It's a placebo pill.

  • @BabyCameron10 said:

    If anything it made keys have no counter if I am being honest. If it was a 4 man swf, it guarantees that at least 1-3 players escape, if they have a key with them. So you would have to play fairly scummy and slug to even get a certain amount of kills. I feel like they would be more balanced, if the killer could do more. Maybe break hatch? Idk, what do you guys think of the offerings, that literally nobody asked for?

    Obvious one is so survivors can plan that around a key.

    For killers, so they know exactly where to go to close it.

  • I hate them. All they do is make keys more exploitable (and clog my bloodwebs).

  • Felix is an architect. That's why they did this.


    Dev's answer btw.

  • Honestly I haven't used any of them

  • I think I saw my first game tonight where a survivor used the offering to spawn the hatch by the shack. I made a mental note but they managed to get out while I was chasing them using a key. 🤷‍♂️

    I don’t care that much about this add-on either way honestly. And really the only thing I find a little annoying about keys is they can let multiple people out with a single use. (Generally speaking, I mean. That’s not what happened in my game tonight.)

  • Use trapper, bring Franklin's and trap the key just to make them rage.