The problem with the Pyramid Head changes

Before I start to explain why I'm not so happy about the upcoming change I'd like to mention that the Devs probably read the Pyramid Heads change requests on the forums. They have literally done what a good amount of people were looking for. This is not a bad thing. That's actually really nice to see, but there is still one problem. But first: What kind of changes will my big boy actually get?


  1. Currently, you cannot attack for about 0.5 1 second after using ROJ. They will increase this duration so Pyramid Head cannot just cancel his ROJ and go for a basic attack. They probably wanted to solve the "get hit or get hit" situation in this way. I am curious if this will really work as they expect it to.
  2. In exchange they decreased the cooldown of POTD. So you can use POTD and if you miss the survivors they will not be on the other side of the map until you recover from the cooldown (little exaggeration). 


Pyramid Head somehow ruined all the other killers for me. I love everything about this fella. Every sound he makes. His looks. His power. Simply perfect in every way. These changes don't look bad. In fact, they look pretty good, but I don't have to try the PTB out to know that this won't work. You know why? For the same reason why people started using POTD mainly on palettes and windows. Because it's actually the most effective, if not the only truly effective way to hit people with it. If you ask me: These changes will only work if they also reduce the delayed hit of POTD. Right now it is (most of the time) an easy dodge for every half-decent survivor.

Comments