Instead of nerfing Undying, the devs should buff these two survivor perks
With the introduction of Undying, I see a lot of people calling for a nerf to the perk. I personally believe that this is the wrong move as it encourages survivors to cleanse totems more. However, the only true counter to Undying is to run Detective's Hunch or to know totem locations off by heart, which is not reliable due to the new maps having well hidden totem spawns. With this in mind I believe that the devs should buff the following two perks; Small Game and Repressed Alliance.
Small Game's main purpose is for finding and cleansing totems. However, it is heavily outclassed by Detective's Hunch since it shows the precise location of totems while Small Game requires you to wander aimlessly until the perk activates and even then you only know the general direction of the totem. With this in mind I propose this change to make the perk more effective at its main role of cleansing totems:
You see the aura of totems within a 16 meter radius.
For each broken totem you gain a token. Each token increases your cleansing speed by 15/20/25%.
When you escape or are sacrificed, you are award 20% bonus bloodpoints in the boldness category for each token you get, which are awarded at the end of the trial.
With this change I strengthened the perks ability to find and cleanse totems quickly and offered a bloodpoints incentive to do so. The tokens also act as a totem counter, which also helps against NOED.
The second perk, Repressed Alliance, is a perk that I love using. It's great for preventing gen regression due to Ruin or Pop. However, it only lasts for 30 seconds, which means a killer could down someone near the blocked generator, hook them, and be in time to pressure the gen as more than likely it will be unblocked. With this in mind I propose this change to strengthen the perk ability to stop killers regressing gens:
After repairing a generator for 80/70/60 seconds, this perk activates.
When repairing a generator, press a button to summon the Entity to block the generator for an indefinite amount of time.
After the generator is blocked for at least 10 seconds, survivors are allowed the ability to repair the generator. When a survivor starts to repair the generator, the generator will become unblocked and the perk deactivates.
Generators blocked by Repressed Alliance have their aura revealed to all survivors.
With this change, killers can't wait out the perk's timer and will have to wait until another survivor touches it. This gives survivors the choice of whether to repair the generator or leave it blocked. This makes the perk a great counter to gen regression perks while being balanced by the fact a survivor has to repair for 60 seconds to activate the perk.
I think that these two changes will help to spruce up the meta and give survivors more variety in terms of perks. Let me know what you think below.
Edit: Changed Small Game's aura reading from 24 to 16 meters.
Comments
Repressed Alliance needs to be brought down to 60/50/40 at the very least, to be a more valuable perk.
I also think that your proposed aura reading to Small Game is too strong. I think if they instead just keep the current function and noise notification, but also show the aura of the totem for five seconds, it will be fine. Along with a counter for totems destroyed or remaining.
I agree small game would have such a large aura capability that it would become OP at 24 meters ofrom aura reading capability...keep small game the same and buff to show aura when the notification prompts....as for the second perk, I'm sorry but no perk should indefinitely block a gen
I kept the original timer to Repressed Alliance as with this new effect it might be too strong if survivors could consistently block gens to prevent gen progress since the gen can be blocked indefinitely, so the 60 second timer balances that out. Of course it could turn out different in gameplay but I'll just err on the side of caution.
As for your second point I don't think it's too powerful considering Detective's Hunch shows totems within a 64 meter radius along with generators and chests. Maybe the range could be reduced slightly but I don't think it would be too op considering it only locates totems. Plus I don't like using spinning my camera around all the time to see if the perk activates. No other perk works like Small Game and I say it's for good reason.