Alright I bought oni like literally an hour ago any tips?

So far I've played 2 games with him and he honestly seems very fun but his power seems kinda hard to use

Comments

  • You'll get there. It's all practice, but damn, he can be one of the scariest killers on the game.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    You'll get there. It's all practice, but damn, he can be one of the scariest killers on the game.

    So far I guess I'm not used to the movement of his power feels very different to say hillbilly or blight

  • Once you get used to those angles (or lack of them) when using his power he's a terrifying killing machine. I love playing against him and as him.

    Hope you have a blast!

  • I absolutely love his chase music from his pov very fitting

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Use max sensivity and train your flicks during Demon Dash's lunge.

    In the beginning of the game, it is always better to injure 2 survivors than it is to chase just one down.

    Due to the fact he has no penalty when colliding, the best mindgame you can do with Oni is strafing. You basically fake going to dash one direction and you actually strafe on the wall and go to the other (i.e faking going inside the shack while you actually go outside).

    Use Infectious Fright. It's not mandatory but Oni is a heavy slugging killer.

    Good to know I have all of plagues teachables so it's up to rng lol

  • One of the best tips i ever had was that you don't have to hold forward during your dash.

    You lose a bit of speed but get a lot more controll

  • Getting good with Oni is a journey. I´m at a point where a bad team will get utterly destroyed but facing really good survivors I still struggle to get them in certain tiles like LT Walls or long wall jungle gyms. As the others have said it´s all about practice, I have a feeling certain tiles aren´t even worth trying to dash in ;-)

  • Don't use speed add-ons. Oni is already fast and making him faster may cause you losing control. And I love that you can control his movement with A and D keys, it's so different from Hillbilly. You can run through the whole map without smash into wall.

    Don't use your power in tight loops. Use your power everytime you see someone in 24 meters from you if it's ready. Even if survivor is injured. You may pick up him and save the rest of your power or you may find someone else with Infectious Fright and down multiple survivors.

    There is only way I know how to counter good Oni - predrop pallets at the match start and not give you make first hit.

    When you hit healthy survivor you gain almost half of your power. Hit 2 healthy survivors to gain whole power.