DBD has the most toxic community ever.

Literally just had a game where 3 survivors were working with the killer. Early game the killer and Feng find me and he downs me. Feng almost instantly unhooks me, he downs me again and moris me while Feng tbags me (he brought the green Mori) and then he farmed with the rest of the survivors.

I tend to have a temper and I was already having a stressful day so this just made me go off. I message the Feng and killer cause they were the ones clearly working together, I couldn't tell if the other 2 were just yet, and I call them out for ruining people's games and being toxic. The killer plays dumb and was saying I was just bad and the Feng denied working with the killer. Even though after I died, every time they saw each other, they'd nod to one another and continue on.

Well I get mad cause like I said I was having a really stressful day and I just wanted to relax on dbd, so I call Feng a name. And since xbox is run by children, any curse word gets you silenced for a day. Immediately after I get silenced, the other 2 survivors that match and the killer message me laughing at me getting silenced. I'm just over this game and it's people.

Comments

  • @Kyxlect said:

    I disagree. If you want to see the most toxic communities of the gaming world, go play a MOBA. Except League of Legends because Riot Games threatened toxicity with punishment.

    Oh man, Smite and the original WC3 DOTA are rough.

    That said, I don't think anything will top the days of UT2004 and Ultima Online.

  • I've had these weirdos try and work with me in game MANY times. They don't run and will make gestures like they are pointing and clearly inferring what the want to do. I down them and take them to the basement. If they get taken off the hook, I immediately tunnel them. If I have a Mori I eliminate them. They are cheats, rats.... fleas on rats.... plague carried by fleas on rats.

    Of course the other Survivors have no idea. They just see me as a tunneling creepo. :)

  • If you watch streamers, regardless of if they play killer or survivor, they make it sounds like there's no winning from the perspective of the other side.

    If you are a survivor & you work on a gen, you're gen rushing. If you don't work on a gen, you're a worthless teammate or don't know how to loop. If you do loop, you're "wasting" pallets. If you're playing a killer & you chase someone & don't immediately down them, you're "getting ran" or are a "baby killer." If you do down them, you're playing an OP killer, or their teammates are trash. Or you got lucky or used OP add-ons, or the map RNG was trash or something. Always something.

    Whatever, case in point being you can't win. No matter which side you play, no matter how you play, no matter what you do, they'll find something to complain about. There is neverending excuses no matter what.

    And then the people that watch them do the same in end game chat.

    Which is why I ignore them all & keep in game chat closed. Don't focus on that. Remember it's a video game & you're supposed to be having fun. That's the whole point. Play it the way you want to play it where it makes you enjoy the time you spend with it.

  • @Skelemania said:

    If you watch streamers, regardless of if they play killer or survivor, they make it sounds like there's no winning from the perspective of the other side.

    If you are a survivor & you work on a gen, you're gen rushing. If you don't work on a gen, you're a worthless teammate or don't know how to loop. If you do loop, you're "wasting" pallets. If you're playing a killer & you chase someone & don't immediately down them, you're "getting ran" or are a "baby killer." If you do down them, you're playing an OP killer, or their teammates are trash. Or you got lucky or used OP add-ons, or the map RNG was trash or something. Always something.

    Whatever, case in point being you can't win. No matter which side you play, no matter how you play, no matter what you do, they'll find something to complain about. There is neverending excuses no matter what.

    And then the people that watch them do the same in end game chat.

    Which is why I ignore them all & keep in game chat closed. Don't focus on that. Remember it's a video game & you're supposed to be having fun. That's the whole point. Play it the way you want to play it where it makes you enjoy the time you spend with it.

    that dbd in a nutshell

  • Tbh I don't really think the game is all that toxic. Sure, you get the occassional guy that throws, or the occassional guy who will work with the killer, but they're all pretty rare. If anything, it's the post game chat that's the most toxic- but that's all reportable.

    I do wish though that the community would give up this 'holier than thou' mentality purely because they play more survivor or more killer then another player is just dumb imho. Especially since there are so many players that play both sides, and both sides have equally scummy things to play against- and equally entitled people.

  • What really helps me maintain my zen as a killer is realizing that my win state is killing 2 survivors and playing actively. I earn less BP when I wipe them, usually.

    Of course, the smurfcomps and stompcomps seem to consider their only acceptable outcome being a killer with zero BP, but that's not going to change.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1641815#Comment_1641815

    What really helps me maintain my zen as a killer is realizing that my win state is killing 2 survivors and playing actively. I earn less BP when I wipe them, usually.

    Of course, the smurfcomps and stompcomps seem to consider their only acceptable outcome being a killer with zero BP, but that's not going to change.

    I'm normal ok with 2k it the 1k or 0k that piss me off.

  • Hey DBD, COD wants to hold your BEER....

1 2 ›