A harsher DC penalty

Instead of the current DC penalty that locks matchmaking for more and more time, I propose that on top of this it also makes it that you also earn like less bloodpoints; for example you earn 90% of the bloodpoints you would've earned, then 80%, then 70% et cetera, et cetera. And there would also be no penalty the first time you DC and it could reset every week.

Tell me what you think!

Comments

  • I think that it would do even less than the current one considering the fact that bloodpoint offerings can completely nullify this effect

  • The game has been amazing since the removal of DC penelty

  • There should be no d/c penalties cause that's the best way to combat toxicity and make sure your game will be okay

  • @lookatmenoww00 said:

    If I turn my console off as killer do survivors lose their items and things?

    Nope. As far as I know, they are protected.

    @YoshisCookies said:

    The game has been amazing since the removal of DC penelty

    Not really. While I do like being able to dodge Haddonfield and Ormond, it can be miserable trying to get certain quests done with survivors DCing the second you catch them - and I can't imagine it being fun for the other three.

    @BingBongBoi_69 said:

    Instead of the current DC penalty that locks matchmaking for more and more time, I propose that on top of this it also makes it that you also earn like less bloodpoints; for example you earn 90% of the bloodpoints you would've earned, then 80%, then 70% et cetera, et cetera. And there would also be no penalty the first time you DC and it could reset every week.

    Tell me what you think!

    Is there a current DC penalty? I haven't noticed it. Granted, I rarely do it - but if I get Haddonfield when I'm a low mobility killer...I'm not above dodging it - and aside from early morning games, my queues are nearly instant.

  • DCing because a killer downs you isnt toxicity by the killer, this is what mostly i see from survivors. They get downed, they dc. They should be punished.

  • Disconnecting grants 0 bloodpoints, pair this with the matchmaking penalty, they should put people that D/C with others that D/C

  • @lookatmenoww00 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1635796#Comment_1635796

    Oh ok. So DCing only stop them from doing their challenge

    And totally dogging over the rest of your team.

    @HawkAyeTheNoo said:

    DCing because a killer downs you isnt toxicity by the killer, this is what mostly i see from survivors. They get downed, they dc. They should be punished.

    Mm. The only time I DC is a dodge where my killer and the map assigned are going to result in everyone having less fun. I'll also dodge lobbies if I see a TTV or a 3-4 stack of what I suspect are SWF players. Just...too many bad experiences now.

  • @lookatmenoww00 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1635821#Comment_1635821

    That’s how I have my fun. Gotta play to have fun especially when you paid money for a game. That’s the only way to get them to lose their items and it really is fun to me

    In which case I'd probably recommend you find someone to talk to.

    If griefing your team in games is the only way for you to get enjoyment out of it, there's probably some underlying problems here.

  • @lookatmenoww00 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1635851#Comment_1635851

    Aye call it what you want but I call it fun. Nah just I’m gonna die anyway, why not control the way I go out. Now if I was harming people in real life, then I should talk to someone. It’s a VIDEO GAME not REAL LIFE. If you talked a game serious maybe you have an underlying issue. Or just can’t separate reality and virtual lol

    If you were playing with bots, that would be one thing. But those other avatars have actual people behind them - and they put in the time and effort to enjoy their hobby without someone ruining it.

    I'm a firm believer in karma. Go out of your way to make other people angry or upset and it always comes back on you, when you least expect it.

    Which is why I try to conduct myself, as so far as possible, in a noble manner. Both in MP games and out.

  • @lookatmenoww00 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1635893#Comment_1635893

    I already knew they are real people. My hobby is making money and when I’m not, I’ll play a game or 2 for FUN. And that’s how I have fun. Just have a mindset that everyone don’t think the same and you might be coo. Karma is for real life or feed that to a child. I know karma is not in a game unless they build a system for it lol. The karma was the dc penalty but it ain’t there no more

    Eh. You go right on thinking that :).

    Getting your jollies by making other people miserable is a pretty clear indication of sadism - and that's just bad juju.


  • @lookatmenoww00 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1635909#Comment_1635909

    I’m happy. There’s no way to prove it to you but I’m happy and living life great. Treat people great and all. That’s why so many people IN THE REAL WORLD love me. It’s just a virtual game.

    43 years and a great deal of experience in psychology have taught me that the harder someone has to try to explain how happy they are, the more miserable they actually feel deep down.

    But again, you do you. Sooner or later, there will come a time when you'll wish you had been less of a crappy person.

  • @Mekochi said:

    Disconnecting grants 0 bloodpoints, pair this with the matchmaking penalty, they should put people that D/C with others that D/C

    This seems like the best solution currently. The timed bans have thus far proven exploitable by hackers. Not to say there would be no way of hacking that, but perhaps creating a server to dump repeat offenders in may be a better punishment.

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1635818#Comment_1635818

    This seems like the best solution currently. The timed bans have thus far proven exploitable by hackers. Not to say there would be no way of hacking that, but perhaps creating a server to dump repeat offenders in may be a better punishment.

    Exactly, instead of taking away a few bloodpoints, keep the 0 bloodpoints when disconnecting and create the system that'll put repeat offenders of disconnecting together.

    When they fix the exploitation of the matchmaking penalty being hacked, it's the best course of action.