Dead by Daylight has a pay wall now? My idea on how to fix it.

Just putting this out here because at this point there is almost no denying it. With the new HUGE meta shift happening right now I think it's safe to say you won't win many matches with good players in it. Most if not all of you already know that the blights perks are really good and have great synergies. So does the survivor side with it's second chance and aura reading perks.

Obviously all these great perks you need to get your mums credit card and spend away if you want a strong start on both sides. Just gonna list a couple off the top of my head. Distortion, undying, detectives hunch, and probably some way stronger ones that I can't think of at the moment. Now you could say to get gud and all that, But for the people who unironically play this game for fun or casually. It's pretty different in their case.

The grind is hard enough as it is for bp, but I think we can all live with that one. On the other hand the people who rely on iridescent shards for the shrine of secrets perks. They have it really tough especially if they are trying to have fun in the game.

Now onto the Shrine O' Secrets. I suggest that the community picks out one perk for each side using a twitter poll or any type of poll that works for this. The entirety of this community should come first after all. With each part of the community respected as well. This will heavily improve the shrine of secrets for everybody.

I do hope some people of the dev team see this and I wish you all a good day.

Comments

  • I dont believe it does have a pay wall. I didn't get the silent Hill chapter and Felix(yet) and it hasn't effected me. I Save iridescent shards inbetween chapters for non license characters which is 18k, doable when its like 3 months between chapters. They have to make money, so anything in life if you want it "right meow" you have to pay for it. But your listening old perks from saw chapter, legion chapter and the NEW blight chapter...I like the set up DBD has earn it playing or pay and get it now. By the way there are non stop sales on dlc, I got the leatherface chapter for $2 on playstation, this game is affordable if you play enough....I don't mind your idea either about community perk for the shrine but my views on the rest differ

  • @jackal470 said:

    I dont believe it does have a pay wall. I didn't get the silent Hill chapter and Felix(yet) and it hasn't effected me. I Save iridescent shards inbetween chapters for non license characters which is 18k, doable when its like 3 months between chapters. They have to make money, so anything in life if you want it "right meow" you have to pay for it. But your listening old perks from saw chapter, legion chapter and the NEW blight chapter...I like the set up DBD has earn it playing or pay and get it now. By the way there are non stop sales on dlc, I got the leatherface chapter for $2 on playstation, this game is affordable if you play enough....I don't mind your idea either about community perk for the shrine but my views on the rest differ

    Fair enough, I don't expect people to agree with the pay wall as much. Although I will say that I specifically am targeting the meta perks. The perks I listed are soon to be meta but they obviously aren't the only ones. Just the ones I thought of at the moment.

  • I did like the community weekly choice idea for the shrine. Interactive and could be interesting for the newer players starting out

  • Thank you jackal. Much appreciated