Playing Against Blight Makes the Game Really Scary Again!
Playing this game at 2am, just having fun, working on a gen and suddenly the Blight is COMING AT YOU at crazy frightening speeds.
After playing this game for nearly 3 years, you pretty much lose the sting of fear as you grow accustomed to the killers and their mechanics. I still get startled or scared by the surprise Mike Myers standing behind me, or a sudden pig/ghost face attack. The sneaky bois definitely have the most scare potential, even after playing the game for so long.
But holy crap, it is pretty damn scary to have a guy just sprinting at you like that. I feel like it hits harder than Billy too, not just because he's newer, but he has creepier sound fx and music, and you don't get a super loud engine revving to warn you of a potential attack. A Blight I just faced had Tinkerer too, so having him silently come around the corner and burst into a direct sprint is honestly terrifying.
Comments
Somewhat, I agree.
The Demogorgon is also somewhat scary, the way he lunges at you and everything.
I think it comes down to how people play them. When you have people playing their killers as more or less pure M1 get-the-4k-as-quickly-as-possible, no killer is scary, just annoying.
I mean, I know it as Deathslinger main... I have gotten endgame chats thanking me for playing him scary, including someone who said this was their first match against Deathslinger in which they didn't DC because the match was fun
and it's similar with blight I imagine.
I'm glad you posted this, because after 4 years of playing every killer I've instantly become a Blight main. He's just so fun. I seem to be losing more matches with Blight than I do with any other killer, but I don't even care because he's just so fun.
I want to play against him more. I play a lot of survivor too, but I've only gone against 3 Blights so far. The first one ragequit because he refused to let me flashlight blind him at a safe pallet and kept trying to play around it (I was doing the blind the killer challenge, FWIW).
I hope to see a lot more Blights out there and get more experience from both sides, because:
He's
Just
So
Much
Fun
Out of all the original killers, Blight no doubt stands out as the scariest.
The chase music really helps too. I feel like I'm running for my life!
I have Spine Chill for stealth killers, super fast killers (Billy, Spirit, Oni, Nurse..) and perks alike Tinkerer. Nothing really changed for me.
FUN?
Better nerf him in 3 weeks if he is fun.