Flashlights not working properly

Now, I don't know if this can be considered a bug. The flashlight works, what it does not do is make the killer drop a survivor, EVEN if you clearly get score for blinding him on your screen. I have seen this both in public and private matches. To have a killer drop the survivor, even when you get the points and he gets completely blinded, it will take some more seconds of that very same flashlight pointed at the killer's face, and that is only IF he does not move his camera. If he does, he still gets blinded, but the survivor stays on his shoulder. This happened to me, as the blinding survivor, 6 times in a row, and a couple of times as the killer. Fix this please, along with every other error the new update introduced. Same story every update, huh?

Comments

  • Flashlight saves have to be very precisely pulled off. If the blind goes through while the killer is in animation, it doesn't count. If the blind is too late and the killer just looks away, it doesn't get activated. You have to start it at a precise time so that the blind registers just after the animation stops, which thanks to dedicated servers is actually kind of easy, at least compared to a year ago. Still difficult to aim and time, though, it's more that you have a slightly larger window to successfully save in.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Flashlight saves have to be very precisely pulled off. If the blind goes through while the killer is in animation, it doesn't count. If the blind is too late and the killer just looks away, it doesn't get activated. You have to start it at a precise time so that the blind registers just after the animation stops, which thanks to dedicated servers is actually kind of easy, at least compared to a year ago. Still difficult to aim and time, though, it's more that you have a slightly larger window to successfully save in.

    Well, I do know how flashlights save work. I rarely ever used flashlights, but I always managed to pull it off. What I am saying is that I keep getting points for blinding the killer, which means he should drop the survivor, but he does not.

  • @Damarus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/discussion/comment/1624276#Comment_1624276

    Well, I do know how flashlights save work. I rarely ever used flashlights, but I always managed to pull it off. What I am saying is that I keep getting points for blinding the killer, which means he should drop the survivor, but he does not.

    Well, I've certainly not noticed a thing, so perhaps it's a connection issue.

  • The trouble is when a killers pickup a survivor they are hard locked in the pickup animation, meaning they can't be stunned, you have to stun them at the end of the animation, which is really hard to pull off if you're too late as the killer can look up or walk away, so you have to time it perfectly, and get the blind just as the animation ends, hopefully the devs will fix this issue in the future but in the meantime just learn how to play around it.

  • @Damarus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/discussion/comment/1624276#Comment_1624276

    Well, I do know how flashlights save work. I rarely ever used flashlights, but I always managed to pull it off. What I am saying is that I keep getting points for blinding the killer, which means he should drop the survivor, but he does not.

    What MadLordJack is saying is that you can still achieve the scoring event and actually blind the killer, without it being a killer grasp rescue. Happens all the time.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/discussion/comment/1627351#Comment_1627351

    What MadLordJack is saying is that you can still achieve the scoring event and actually blind the killer, without it being a killer grasp rescue. Happens all the time.

    Oh, I see. I've never had that happen to me though. Not before this update, anyway. That's why I thought it was a bug/error. Is it not, then?

  • @Damarus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1627759#Comment_1627759

    Oh, I see. I've never had that happen to me though. Not before this update, anyway. That's why I thought it was a bug/error. Is it not, then?

    Nope, not a bug; the angles of using flashlights has been changed though. The proper/perfect timing of when to blind the killer during the pickup animation has always been a thing. ๐Ÿ™ƒ

  • They've ruined flashlights. I can never get a flashlight save anymore. But somehow the survivors I go against get it every time, probably PC elites.