An Elegant Solution To The SWF 'Problem'...Perhaps?
Hello all.
So - newish player here, just wanted to share an idea and get a bit of feedback on it.
Premades/SWF groups are a contentious issue right now. They can make a killer's life miserable due to the increased coordination voicechat allows, not to mention deliberately equipped/perked teams that seem nearly unbeatable and those so called 'depip' squads.
But the problem isn't so much SWF (people like to play with friends, I get that), the griefers/smurfs (although, seriously these chaps can sod right off, how do you lower your rank to 20 that fast?) or even that the game doesn't feel like it was built for it.
The problem is that you are essentially increasing the 'skill' of the survivors without compensating on the killer's end.
A possible solution:
Way back when, Blizzard had a similar issues in Heroes of the Storm, where 4-5 coordinated players would make a premade to stomp random player teams.
Their solution was quite simple. When you grouped up with other people, your MMR was temporarily inflated, proportional to the number of players grouped together. You could play with your friends, but your opposition would be stronger to compensate.
My suggestion: When you group up in an SWF squad, whatever factors the game uses to choose your killer is tweaked to put you up against a higher ranked/higher (whatever MMR here is) opponent.
Of course, this would have to wait until killer matchmaking is reimplemented - but I think this would be an ideal and elegant solution that is fair to all.
Thoughts?
Comments
You see, They DID try that... sometime ago. The idea was it that the killer would be chosen by the highest ranked survivor (so with a party or 2, 7, 12 ,13 survivors it would queue a 2 rank killer)
SOMEHOW it didn't do anything. Idk how exactly but yeah.
Weird. I wonder why they didn't keep that - it would really help.
I keep getting skunked by teams with people 10+ ranks above me.
I've posted this in another thread.
I'd just like some kind of bandage-fix until they figure something out.
Something to make going against SWF more lucrative for killers, like a BP multiplier.
I could imagine something like this:
You go against 2 SWF + 1 Random + 1 Random = +25% BP.
You go against 2 SWF + 2 SWF = +50% BP.
You go against 3 SWF + 1 Random = +75% BP.
You go against 4 SWF = 100% BP.
I think killers wouldn't dodge/despise these games that much, if they know that they get something out of it - besides the bullying.
The big problem is that the devs disabled all killer matchmaking a while back, and while they have plans to reintroduce it (maybe) - the actual timeline here is entirely unknown.
Which is a pity - as currently it's a total misery to play a killer as a newer player.