QoL change for Whispers + balance discussion

Whispers does not activate in proximity to hooked survivors. Therefore I will know when it is safe to leave the hook or if I should start checking for ballsy unhook attempts

Secondly I have become more and more convinced by the day that the devs no longer play their own game. Questionable and shaky balance decisions. Very poor optimization in general...

Whats going on over there guys?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I personally don't think that Whispers needs a change in the slightest, it's already a fantastic perk.

    It would be way too strong if it didn't activate on hooked survivors imo...it will just make camping even more prevalent than it is now.

  • @Mandy said:

    I personally don't think that Whispers needs a change in the slightest, it's already a fantastic perk.

    It would be way too strong if it didn't activate on hooked survivors imo...it will just make camping even more prevalent than it is now.

    I disagree wholeheartedly. Why would I camp if I know no other survivors are in the area? If anything Whispers encourages camping even more because Im not sure if there are survivors within the perks range or not.

  • Whispers is there to stop you wasting time checking on areas where there's no survivors - it allows you to pressurise the gens where survivors are, not as an extra mechanic to help camp.

  • @Mandy said:

    Whispers is there to stop you wasting time checking on areas where there's no survivors - it allows you to pressurise the gens where survivors are, not as an extra mechanic to help camp.

    I dont think you understand what Im saying at all. The entire point of these proposed changes is to eliminate camping

  • but it won't eliminate camping, the problem of camping is way bigger than that - there's BBQ that is also there to help killers have information as to survivor locations...but whilst many killers still focus on the unhook instead of pressurising gens, that's why camping will still be an issue. So what you are proposing doesn't help with that at all.

  • @Mandy said:

    but it won't eliminate camping, the problem of camping is way bigger than that - there's BBQ that is also there to help killers have information as to survivor locations...but whilst many killers still focus on the unhook instead of pressurising gens, that's why camping will still be an issue. So what you are proposing doesn't help with that at all.

    Well, hook bombing is just as prevalent as camping. And you lose on a substantial amount of pressure if you leave an area and your target is immediately unhooked. Either you walk back and lose out on whatever gen youre pressuring, or you allow them to heal. Which is lose lose for the killer

  • @Mandy said:

    but it won't eliminate camping, the problem of camping is way bigger than that - there's BBQ that is also there to help killers have information as to survivor locations...but whilst many killers still focus on the unhook instead of pressurising gens, that's why camping will still be an issue. So what you are proposing doesn't help with that at all.

    Do you think that camping is more prevalent now, as something of a counter-measure to SWF stompcomps and killer matchmaking not really being a thing right now?

    It feels like (despite my distaste for it) camping is sometimes my only option when I have a team running rings around me.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1621725#Comment_1621725

    Your proposed 'buff', will make proxy camping more prevalent.

    "Oh Hey, I hooked that guy, but I now know if there is a non-hooked survivor in this radius, If there is, I should look for them (around the hook) instead of going any further"

    And why wouldnt you? Do you propose I allow the free unhook and heal if I go to an area with nobody in it?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1621833#Comment_1621833

    Well, if you have Whispers, you should know if an area has survivors in it and can quickly course-correct...

    But you're quite right! With your change, you'll know if any non-Hooked Survivors are around a Survivor you just hooked, and with that information, it only makes sense to now guard the Hook, since Unhooking other Survivors is a Survivor Objective, right? Why not let them come to you?

    AKA, Your change will cause "fair" players to camp with that information.

    So basically, you propose to allow instant unhooks. I disagree.

  • Whispers is already a good perk, it gets you into the action very quickly at the very start of the match and helps you find the last one or two survivors at the end. True it's not as useful mid-match but that's fine because it's doing it job in other stages. (If perks needed to be useful mid-game then nobody would bother running Corrupt Intervention or NOED either.)

  • @Mandy said:

    I personally don't think that Whispers needs a change in the slightest, it's already a fantastic perk.

    It would be way too strong if it didn't activate on hooked survivors imo...it will just make camping even more prevalent than it is now.

    I agree it doesn't need buffed to ignore hooked survivors but I don't see how you got from A to C there... If it affected camping at all - which it probably wouldn't - it'd make camping less common, because the killer would know that there is no one hiding for the unhook so they'd leave to find another survivor. Since it does pickup the survivor on the hook, the killer doesn't know if someone else is there of if it's just the hooked survivor.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1621725#Comment_1621725

    Your proposed 'buff', will make proxy camping more prevalent.

    "Oh Hey, I hooked that guy, but I now know if there is a non-hooked survivor in this radius, If there is, I should look for them (around the hook) instead of going any further"

    That's not really camping, though. If you *know* someone is in the area, you are looking for them. That's all it is. You're looking for them. It's their fault for playing around the hook.

  • @TreSen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1621811#Comment_1621811

    That's not really camping, though. If you *know* someone is in the area, you are looking for them. That's all it is. You're looking for them. It's their fault for playing around the hook.

    Camping is staying in the area around the hook making the unhook much more riskier, doesn't matter the reason. Also how is it a fault wanting to unhook a survivor? That's literally the core of the game.