A message to Fredward mains.
I played Freddy two days and all I have to say is:
I am so, so sorry.
I played Freddy two days and all I have to say is:
I am so, so sorry.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Sharp hand joe op pls nerf gg
Freddy mains are masochist.
Everybody's got a kink. :P
Getting a really bad impression that I’ve only hit rank 6 twice ever and both times were thanks to Fredward.
The second one happened just five minutes ago.
i just hate the vile creatures that are known as freddy mains who punch down onto the noobs at rank 20 survivor who have no clue how to fight freddy.
Currently at rank 4 so whatever
Freddy isn't bad as such, it's just that he has a lot more mechanics going against him than other Killers and many who play him can't cope with/overcome those.
Khroalthemadbomber said: I'm not sure if that means that he'll get better visibility. Because that's also a big problem for him. Another handicap.
When I first started playing, I had a good time with Freddy at low levels. That said, I have a feeling the survivors did NOT have as good of a time. I'm really don't find any of his mechanics as a killer or a survivor very fun to play with. With him being invisible, it just seems so random. I hear the kids singing, but unless I have a perk that will tell me the direction he is, its usually too late to do anything real meaningful as far as hiding.
Freddy is a lot of fun to play exactly because he's so different. I get slaughtered by survivors most of the time above rank 12-10 (maybe except when using his best addons), so I don' use him anymore. But whatever buff he's about to get, I hope it doesn't change the general nature of his power. It makes him unique. The cool thing about DBD is that you have to use very different approaches depending on what killer you're playing (or playing against).
Freddy can be very strong with the right build and tactics. Try this when the Spirit comes out: Dying Light, Play With Your Food, Ruin, Haunting Grounds, Class Photo, ZBlock. You should also bring a green/pink mori but it's not totally necessary.
At the start of the trial just look around for survivors like you normally would. When you find one, sleep them and immediately go to the next survivor with Class Photo. Rinse, repeat until you found the obsession. From here you just tunnel this guy to death. If they are a true obsession with DS/Adren then break 3 chases and PWYF will make it impossible to loop you. Once you get them on the hook LEAVE. The survivors shouldn't know yet that you have DL and you don't want them to know, you want them to make the save. Once they save come back to the hook. If they are still there, EZGG. If they split up, follow one and if it's the obsession, EZGG. If it's not sleep them and you will see the obsession, EZGG.
If they rush gens, either because they are gen rushy or they realize you have DL, they can't because of Ruin. It will be impossible to do more than 3 gens with Ruin before you kill the obsession, so they have to totem rush. But HG counters the totem rush, if they hit that just start slugging people (except the obsession you want a hook on them).
Once the obsession is dead, if there are more than 2 gens left it's game over for the rest of the survivors. Between DL, DW, and potentially Ruin the game just stops for them, and with CP it's both impossible to hide from you and impossible to stay awake. Just keep sleeping survivors until all are slept, then attack. If they loop your or anything so what, gens won't get done. You literally have all the time in the world to do anything you want. If you see someone wake up go back and put them to sleep.
It's like Doc 3 gen but WAY worse. At least with Doc 3 gen you can get progress if you are good at skill checks. Here it doesn't matter how good you are, gens take like 5 minutes.
Another build I like for him that isn't nearly as powerful but is a lot more fair is Clourophobia, Thanatophobia, Nurse's Calling, Sloppy Butcher, Stack drawing or blocks. This is anti-heals, and CP works for your lullaby, making it basically inflict DW on awake survivors. NC is great on Freddy because people constantly heal around you. TP/SB slows healing SIGNIFICANTLY. Stacked blocks is more reliable, but stack pictures extends the range you can sleep to 30m, which is beyond both his lullaby and NC. It means that you can sleep survivors and they won't even hear the lullaby, it's quite powerful on farm maps. You hit someone in the corn, you won't even see them, and they have no clue where you are, they probably won't even hear the heartbeat when they fall asleep. THAT is scary bro.
lol. Freddy mains.
I heard their second name is "life cucks".