The attitude of developers to SWF.

On some past streams, they mentioned that they are not responsible for the fact that players can communicate with each other - skype, discord, and so on. Some of your killer perks simply do not work with the SWF, as well as some killer abilities - trapper, hag. Separately, you can highlight Object of Obsession, everything is clear here.

Apparently it is very convenient to relieve yourself of responsibility for the mechanics of your own game and pass it on to the players. Maybe then you will warn about the presence of friends in the killer's lobby so that the killer does not take perks that do not work with survivors in the SWF. Maybe completely rework the perks and abilities of some killers. At the moment it looks like disrespect and disregard for their own player base, nothing more.

Comments

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1621974#Comment_1621974

    How would this be enforced? Dunno about other platforms, but on Xbox the party chat is entirely separate from any game being played. Heck we can even be playing different games. And a few years back i believe Microsoft mandated any game they accept cannot interfere with the party chats in any way. What could the devs do even if they wished?

    I assume inviting someone to your survivor lobby inside DBD would make it activate, wouldn't have anything to do with party chat.

    Just saying it could be implemented fairly easily on a technical level, as it's an in-match mechanical debuff it's not like it would ever be implemented.

  • @adalesmo said:

    It makes no sense to balance killers around a strong 4-man SWF when a strong 4-man SWF is exceedingly rare, and neglects the current situation with solo queuers. The devs have repeatedly shown that, statistically, well over 2 survivors are killed each game - it's usually closer to 3. So what you're saying is likely not a statistically significant issue.

    this is so narrow sighted

    2 separate groups of 2 man SWF is just as strong as a 4 man. A group of 3 will still dominate and carry the random.

    but let's keep pretending SWF is "rare"

  • @oxygen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1622131#Comment_1622131

    I assume inviting someone to your survivor lobby inside DBD would make it activate, wouldn't have anything to do with party chat.

    Just saying it could be implemented fairly easily on a technical level, as it's an in-match mechanical debuff it's not like it would ever be implemented.

    Might work. Usually I invite a friend through the chat not the game, but maybe.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    Although I'm not against SWF as a killer....there needs to be some type of BP bonus or something the killer gains when going against a SWF.

    I don't agree with being notified, guaranteed killers will leave the lobby.

    If being notified that there is a swf in the game would result in killer dodging, then how in the hell would more BP fix the problem when BP gain is not even a problem?

  • @CheyeneKL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1620367#Comment_1620367

    Tacked on? It was planned from the beginning and only delayed 3 weeks after the game was released- due to technical issues with implementing it. Companies who make multi player games in this day and age aren't usually unaware of the fact that most people will voice chat with each other if they're able to play together, and BHVR is no exception.

    Pre-game chat also completely enables survivors in a lobby to add each other on outside voice chats if they so wish- which further relieves BHVR of the work of adding their own native voice chat.

    This narrative is a recent addition to the lore. If you review early marketing and dev statements its directly contradictory.

  • I'd rather oppose swfs. You can check steams anyway, so you can sometimes know. It'd be nice to know, as they tends toward certain playstyles and 'role management', so to speak, but it's whatever. They just gotta start balancing perks with that sort of thing in mind. Object and sole survivor should be flat out removed and rebuilt from the ground up cause they're ass and they break the game flat out. Worse than moris, keys, or iri head in my opinion. Just wish they'd make up their mind about what they wanna do with the game and who they wanna make it for.

  • You will begin to dodge players which is discrimination. :^) Do not do it.

  • Gonna be 'that guy', but I don't really mind SWF... the fact is, SWF isn't the problem. Imho the biggest issue is the maps, toxicity, and pip system.

    The pip system works against killers in high rank. I think everyone knows the games I'm talking about- you get a SWF who completely throw, you kill all but one at 5 gens left, and you still don't pip. For someone trying to grind the rank system, it's scummy.

    The maps are too large for too many killers. The fact is, killers can't put enough pressure in their mid-to late game (which is where killers should be at their strongest) if the map is too big, or if there's too many safe pallets still up.

    Toxicity isn't really something that the Devs can effect. Honestly, that's not something they can stop, unless it's harrassment in pre/post game chat or their own Discord/Forums.

    Honestly I really don't mind the game where it is (definitely still needs tweaks, but at it's base, I'm cool with it.) I do think that if the Devs really want to push the whole 'competitive' aspect of the game, however, there needs to be better rules in place as to what a win or loss really means, because currently, there isn't one.

    A survivor could die with 4 gens left and had killed themselves on hook, but they could leave saying it was a 'win' for them, just because they got an Archive challenge done, or because they got a few pallet stuns on the killer. (Or in my case, I'll consider a game a 'Win' for me if I get Flip-Flop value.)

    On the flip side, a Myers could see the game as an absolute win just because he had fun awkwardly staring at Survivors, or menacingly moonwalking towards them- even if he didn't get a single hook (but maybe a few kills to Survivors sacraficing themselves to EGC.)

    Personally, I really enjoy that open-ended nature of DBD. It's what makes it fun. I don't lose if I die, and I don't always win if I escape. I don't lose if I get no kills, but I don't always win when I 4k. But I do think that the lack of structure is what leads to so many discrepencies like this.

    I don't mind it though. As I said, I enjoy it. I can meme around on killer and not feel bad, or I can go meme around with my buddies in SWF and not feel bad about it either.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1621974#Comment_1621974

    How would this be enforced? Dunno about other platforms, but on Xbox the party chat is entirely separate from any game being played. Heck we can even be playing different games. And a few years back i believe Microsoft mandated any game they accept cannot interfere with the party chats in any way. What could the devs do even if they wished?

    This suggestion is coming from a PC player who doesn't know anything of the rules of consoles.

    Not sure what DbD could do about consoles other than an ineffective "are you using comms?" question (because who would answer that honestly if they knew there would be limitations in-game because of it), but I play with cross play disabled, so any change that's even localized to the PC version would impact every game against or with SWF I have.

    impossibility has not always been impassable.

  • @PleassBuiltInNoed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1619990#Comment_1619990

    If being notified that there is a swf in the game would result in killer dodging, then how in the hell would more BP fix the problem when BP gain is not even a problem?

    It wouldn't. Darn near every killer would dodge a known SWF, no matter how many. I would. BP is not the solution either imo.

1 2 ›