The Core Issue with DBD

It's harder to punish Survivors for dropping pallets early than it is for looping them. If your first chase is a Survivor that plays extra safe and drops everything on the first go, you'll probably lose the entire game. The Survivors are more likely to finish all the gens than to actually get to a point in the game where wasting pallets actually matters.

Comments

  • Alternatively, I see the survivor at the beginning of the game dropping all the pallets as myself investing in my future kills. Sure, it took me two minutes to take out the survivor cause I kept having to stop to kick pallets but when there are 2 gens left, survivors no longer have anything to drop on me. The tables will turn and they will turn fast as long as you're keeping your cool.

  • @HamletEagle yeah its an issue. if the game was balanced, the Survivors would run out of resources before the generators popped unless they looped their pallets well.

    you really shouldn't be able to throw pallets early and not be punished because the game goes too quickly if the Killer can't get an early down

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    Alternatively, I see the survivor at the beginning of the game dropping all the pallets as myself investing in my future kills. Sure, it took me two minutes to take out the survivor cause I kept having to stop to kick pallets but when there are 2 gens left, survivors no longer have anything to drop on me. The tables will turn and they will turn fast as long as you're keeping your cool.

    The ironic part is that if you take two minutes to down a Survivor, you'll be on two generators automatically. And something tells me that you haven't broken enough pallets to matter that much in that time

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1618919#Comment_1618919

    Are u facing Tournament SWF or something? Otherwise I can't understand how all 4 survivors in the match play the same and they're all on gens.

    What killer were you playing and what rank, i'm also curious about this.

    Rank 1 on Wraith. Does that answer your question? I have cakes on him I have to use and its painful to play

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1618941#Comment_1618941

    Ever thought of running the addons that increase breaking speeds + Serpent brown addon that uncloaks you when you break a gen / pallet?

    It's a very nice combination. Otherwise I'd use brutal Strength + serpent addon if you want to use a speed addon to move faster.

    Super nice with zoning surviors or catching them off-guard.

    Its probably like Spirit Fury and Enduring. It works once and then they play around it.

    They don't drop a pallet until you uncloak and you get too close to the pallet they just stun you. That being said it might help with my early game chase so ill still try it

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1618959#Comment_1618959

    So run Spirit Fury + Enduring

    I guess you also run BBQ + Pop / Ruin

    So use an addon that helps you break things faster and the serpent addon to follow up, or use a movement speed addon. Up to you.

    Honestly, I like your advice. I have all those perks so I'll probably put something together and see if it's easier to play

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1619002#Comment_1619002

    I like Wraith, I play him from time to time, one my favorite killers.

    I'm more than able to play at red ranks with him so I come with my own builds, tactics and synergies.

    I just wish he'd be 10-15% faster by default without relying so much on addons... I spend way too much BPs on Wraith's addons which is a turn-off for me.

    Tried the build... it did nothing. I got midwhich (map offerering) with object players that body blocked hooks and abused the fact I was an M1 Killer with no chase power. They didn't fall for my tricks and just dropped everything the second I uncloaked

    Lost Rank 1. I think wraith is just ass and not meant to be played in this game

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1619059#Comment_1619059

    At this point i'd give up on playing for the day....

    You seem to be truly unlucky.

    Nah. I'm just gonna play my level 35 blight and have fun with the new Killer instead of forcing myself to play an outdated Killer just because I have bloodpoint cakes to burn

  • That's how pro-SWF teams play. They pre-throw pallets whenever they would get to the point of beiing in danger (meaning they loop while it's safe) and their friends rush gens under 5 min. Unless you play high tier killers, you can do pretty much nothing against this since gens will be done before they run out of pallets and switching targets is a waste of time since all of them do this.

    It sucks but they are pretty rare so nobody considers it a problem.

  • When a survivors drops unsafe pallets left and right, allowing for Bloodlust 3 to kick in, it is not an issue let alone a “core” issue.

    If anything, if you’re a smart killer you will use that one chase you describe to get rid of pallets. You can always patrol gens at any given time and those pallets that were used will no longer be there. It’s all about strategy.

  • Not saying this isn't an issue of some kind. But this definitely isn't a CORE issue, instead this would be a BALANCE issue. The difference being that balance issues are generally due to poor numbers rather than poor mechanics.

    For proof:

    If breaking a pallet took 1 second while pallet stuns lasted 4 seconds then looping would obviously be much better than pre-dropping the pallet.

    Obviously those specific numbers aren't the ones we want. But my point is that by manipulating those 2 numbers together you can resolve the issue of pre-throwing being stronger than looping, if we do agree that this is in fact an issue. Meaning no core mechanics need to be reworked to solve the problem, just numbers changes and thus it isn't a core issue.

    An example of a Core issue would be that scratchmarks turn the goal of a chase for the Survivor into stalling for as long as possible instead of escaping the chase, since it makes escaping the chase impractical. Regardless of if you actually agree that this is an issue, the point is that solving it would require a rework to at least 1 system or for new systems to be added.