An Idea Regarding Premades and Matchmaking. Thoughts?

Assuming killers get their matchmaking reinstituted (currently it's the Wild West)...

Since I started reading the forums, and on a number of review sites - the way that a coordinated group of people playing together over Discord or what have you is certainly frustrating to play against, and is likely going to end up with not such good effects in the long term.

I've been running into this ...basically every game right now and, especially as a new player, it's both frustrating and genuinely fun-killing. A truly miserable experience.

But of course, people want to play with their buddies.

So - how about this?

When a group of people queues together as a group, the matchmaking system artificially inflates their MMR (or whatever this game uses) depending on how many people are in the party.

Essentially, the bigger the premade, the more skilled killers you'll face, while players queuing alone would have no adjustment.

This seems like the best of both worlds. Premades would have some counter-compensation for the increase in coordination and the Killer experience likely improves somewhat. I've seen it work decently in other games, so...why not here?

Comments

  • you're punishing people because they want to play with their friends. Sure on paper SwF are very strong, but there are also trash team, they play for fun. Impossible idea to realize.

  • Does premade mean SWF? Where did this term come from? I have literally never heard it before a week ago

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Does premade mean SWF? Where did this term come from? I have literally never heard it before a week ago

    Off the top of my head, the streamer/youtuber Fungoose is one of the people who has been saying "premade" instead of SWF. Perhaps it is gaining popularity as a term from his videos, or he is only one of the few who has been saying it as of lately?



    Also, to OP;

    "...and is likely going to end up with not such good effects in the long term"

    I'm PRETTY SURE that SWF/premade/whatevertermyouprefer has been in the game since the beginning (or, to be slightly more exact... a month since it's release?) It's not at all a new thing and idk why people act like it is.

    Your idea only works for people who are actually skilled at the game. And half the pc killers I run into at red ranks think groups of solo queue players are SWF... punishing people for playing SWF isn't gonna help killers who are less skilled than every single one of the four better players who are the survivor role in their matches.

    Most SWF can't even handle a killer that is much above their ranks. I know my usual SWF can't- two of us have around 900 hours each, and then the other two have about 100-150 hours each. If we got red rank sickos every single game, none of us would ever escape. We had trouble when the newer survivors were purple rank (on switch LOL) and we were getting red rank PC players- nearly every single game was a 3k-4k. No amount of communication is going to save half the SWF teams out there when you consider that a good portion of them are brown ranks who just got the game, green ranks who have played a bit longer but still don't even know the difference between medium and fast vaults, that you can get 3 genned, etc., and teams like mine where 2 of the survivors play together often/are passionate and knowledgeable about the game and then add on random low rank friends who want to play with them.

    I don't think your idea is a bad idea, overall- I just think that it unfortunately isn't quite as practical as it sounds when you consider that there are tons of 4 man SWFs, 3 man SWFs, etc., who are made up of bots. At the very least, I don't think SWFs should constantly be matched up with the lowest rank of their group but I'd hate to see innocent SWFs get stomped out by higher rank killers just because everyone on the forum thinks that SWF is the devil :/

  • @YaiPa said:

    you're punishing people because they want to play with their friends. Sure on paper SwF are very strong, but there are also trash team, they play for fun. Impossible idea to realize.

    How on earth is my suggestion punishing anyone?