Possible "Fix" For EVERY Killer in the Game
Lately there has been a lot of talk around balance....... again......... now that the Blight is out. So, excluding him as I have been positively slammed with work, and hearing about the miscellaneous bugs that this patch has brought, I haven't played as or against him YET, therefore he will be excluded from this.
My rules are simple: one small, simple change that will help the balance of the game at large. No major re-works or anything like that. Just something to even the playing field a bit more. Some will be nerfs, but majority will be buffs.
Trapper - All traps now start in the active/open position at the start of the trial.
Wraith - Increase the action speed while cloaked. This is kicking generators, vaulting and breaking pallets. Reducing the shimmer on his cloaked mode would also help.
Hillbilly - Make Infectious Fright not work with the chainsaw.
Hag - MINIMUM distance from hooks for Phantasms. If you're a good enough Hag, you don't need traps at their feet.
Nurse - Bug fixes, but other than that she's fine.
Myers - Change the effect of Judith's Tombstone and Tombstone Piece to have a stalking requirement on the targeted survivor.
Doctor - Frame rate issues that people mention.
Huntress - Hitboxes. I don't know if it's latency or actual problems with the power, but I have had so many questionable hits on both sides.
Cannibal - No matter how I look at it, there is no redeeming Bubba for me. The only bit about him that I remotely like is that his power is an AoE attack, but it's tied to an instant-down chainsaw and it is literally all he has.
Nightmare - Change it so that Freddy's Dream World Lullaby counts as a Terror Radius for perks like Borrowed Time.
Pig - Add-on pass to re-work half of them. A huge amount are either useless at best to detrimental in some cases. That and some stealth boosts in terms of speed would be also very welcome. Just a slightly faster movement speed in crouch. Nothing major.
Clown - Make his gas even scarier. More distortion in the survivor vision and maybe a slightly larger area of effect and duration.
Spirit - Remove her ability to hear survivors. She removes too much information for survivors currently while retaining way too much information comparatively for herself. By removing her ability to hear survivors, it will tone back her power greatly while not changing anything mechanically about her. If anyone mentions Stridor, all I can say is "Swap it for Bloodhound if you're THAT concerned or dedicated....."
- EDIT: I forgot that Spirit cannot see blood without Father's Glasses, so swap sound for blood and change Glasses to give back sound.
Legion - Shorter stun out of Feral Frenzy for stabbing a survivor with the Deep Wound status effect.
Plague - Slightly increased duration in how long the vomit effect sticks to objects with slightly less particle effects.
Ghostface - Slightly increase the rate of power recovery. Not to the level of one of his add-ons, but just enough to be noticeable.
Demogorgon - Cut half the screams, or cap the volume/distance. It's just too loud as of current to actually keep anyone to actually be concerned. When I go up against a Demo and hear someone else getting chased, I know that I have all the time and space I need to do that generator.
Oni - Make Infectious Fright no longer work with the Kanabo.
Deathslinger - Either make his shot a hit-scan or slow it down to be a projectile that people can actually lead with. The awkward middle ground it occupies is very hard to get used to.
Executioner - Slightly increase the speed to activate Punishment of the Damned.
No, I am not a balance expert. Yes, Hillbilly and Oni have a change based around a perk. No, this won't fix other issues like map size or generator speeds. Yes, I do play killer. I'm a console player, specifically Xbox, so some of these changes might seem weird because of that to any PC players. No, I couldn't give less of a damn if Hag is a "defensive" killer, stop using your traps to camp and play the game normally like everyone else. I am currently in red ranks on survivor on my main account, and while time has sent me back to brown for killer due to neglect and WORK, I have still held my own against red ranked survivors including on stream.
No, I haven't played some of these killers, but I have versed them more than enough while others I wish I versed more. I have not played Hag, Cannibal, Clown, Plague or Demogorgon.
I haven't given specific numbers for boosts because, like I said, I am not a balance expert. They are also just ideas that I have come up with that could possibly switch up the slightly stale meta we find ourselves in.
If you have any improvements on these changes, then let me know.
Think that I'm an idiot who doesn't know what they're talking about? Make your own thread and let's see you come up with something better. I think that the fact that majority of these are buffs is certainly more than some people on these forums would give you.
Comments
The fix for Spirit is to downgrade Phase's speed.
Your hate for billy is roflcopter, not even after his nerf and people leaving him cause he is garbage you demand further nerfs.
Deathslinger just needs a normal terror radius, and I'd be fine with him. It makes no sense to have someone who is just about as oppressive as a Huntress in chase (better in some cases), but they have the terror radius of Myers with a Dead Rabbit in tier 2
Good to see you too. Thanks for leaving out the part where it was for Oni too!