Wait....Wait....

Why am I seeing people saying the Blight is Terrible?

He's actually pretty strong.

Ever since his release I've been keeping a eye on how people are playing him (yes some are bad) but I'm seeing alot of people making nutty plays with him and are having alot of fun.

His add-on Compound 21 is busted af, but besides that he's actually pretty good at pressuring gens and controlling the map.

People that are saying he's bad are the ones trying to use his power in cluster areas. He's really good at cutting survivors off at loops if used correctly.

All I'm saying is he's a brand spanking new killer and people need to sit down and actually learn how to use/play him instead of thinking they can just pick up any killer and instantly learn them in minutes.

Comments

  • @OGlilSPOOK20 said:

    Why am I seeing people saying the Blight is Terrible?

    He's actually pretty strong.

    Ever since his release I've been keeping a eye on how people are playing him (yes some are bad) but I'm seeing alot of people making nutty plays with him and are having alot of fun.

    His add-on Compound 21 is busted af, but besides that he's actually pretty good at pressuring gens and controlling the map.

    People that are saying he's bad are the ones trying to use his power in cluster areas. He's really good at cutting survivors off at loops if used correctly.

    All I'm saying is he's a brand spanking new killer and people need to sit down and actually learn how to use/play him instead of thinking they can just pick up any killer and instantly learn them in minutes.

    Once again, it's a killer reserved for the 10 best players of the game, normal players don't count them...


    I tried it, it runs so fast that it slips on the sides and makes me miss my kill...



    The perks become useless against a team who know how to blow up the totems on the map. The two other perks work but... the cooling makes me want to use something else.


    The music and the design are excellent, but its power is not for me.🤗

  • I can only assume, but maybe because the last Killers we got (Pyramid Head and Deathslinger) have less counterplay at loops (e.g by faking their power) which make them better at Chases/shutting down Loops, but poor Map Mobility.

    Blight is the opposite, he does not have a power which is that useful in Chases (at least when it comes to structures), but his strength is his insane Map Mobility. Like, with BBQ you need only a few seconds to reach those players. His ability allows him to be into new chases in seconds, which is a different kind of pressure than other Killers provide.

    And personally, I like it more this way. Blight is able to apply pressure without feeling unfair to go against. Sure, Compound 21 needs to be looked at, but other than that, he seems to be quite rounded.

    And, as you said, another thing is obviously that he is new. But this is happening all the time that people call the new Killer either too weak or too strong. I would say he is neither of those.

  • Honestly, I don't know. I keep seeing people saying that he has an extremely high skill floor as a reason for his weakness, but I cannot really tell one way or another because I personally picked him up really quick because his playstyle makes sense to me. I see alot of people saying he's very difficult though, so I think that's probably the reason.

    The only other reason I can think of is that people were expecting an OP killer, or one with little to no counterplay, and because Blight isn't that they refuse to give him a chance.