Why shadow buff badham devs?
Badham is probably one of the worst killer maps in the game due to RNG, generator spawns and W game potential. One of the only saving graces was being able to down survivors quickly because loops were below average. Now some of the loops have been buffed making it easily one of the top 3 worst killer maps now. I'll name some:
- House of pain STILL has a god window, and sometimes a breakable wall spawns next to it making it the safest window in the game making the wall an insta break.
- Ambulance loop has been buffed significantly
- Bush loops at the end of the roads has been buffed, you can now see in between some bushes and the loop is almost doubled in length
- Grass loops (loops that spawn in grassy areas) have been buffed, both sides of the loop have been made bigger ranging from a slight increase to a big increase
- House now has some absurd windows that require the walls to be broken to catch the survivor
- Street loops have been made very slightly bigger and taller (very minimal though)
They've done this to buff it and done very minimal things in return:
- Made car loops slightly smaller
- Made gates surrounding the school have much more openings
- Nerfed god gen at the back of the playground
- Reduce the amount of holes in the shack
- EDIT: One god pallet out of house of pain is gone (ty Aven)
In my opinion and through gameplay this is not worth the tradeoff at all. I used to hate badham and now I do even more especially because they didn't address the main factors which make it an incredibly unfun map to play on, which are gen locations, house of pain, the school etc.
Comments
The House of Pain has lost one Pallet as well. I mean, sure, this is gonna be ignored, since it does not feed the narrative, but its gone.
Also, the Breakable Wall is RNG, it can either block the Door on the back next to the Window (I dont know if it can be closed as well) OR it can block the door when running back into the House (to the Garage), meaning, this would be a breakable Wall no Killer ever wants to break.
Maybe it's because I've only been playing Blight, but I feel like it's actually a little killer-sided. The main building and House of Pain were both nerfed, fences aren't much of an issue, and they somehow, miraculously found a middle-ground between ridiculously OP and extremely atmospheric foliage.
Edit: I worded that last sentence wierdly. The foliage is fine, it's not OP and it's very atmospheric.
Edited it, I completely forgot about that pallet. Unfortunately house of pain is still horrible to play against.
I dont know, I got Badham only two times as Killer (and around a Gajillion times as Survivor), and both times I had the good breakable Wall in the House. In fact, I only had it once as Survivor that the backdoor was blocked.
I got 4Ks in both games (with Piggy), granted one game two Survivors tried to run the School Loop, which is blocked.
I guess, what they aimed for was to weaken the super-strong Loops, but make the outside Loops a little bit more playable.
When I had it, the Window was next to the Backdoor and there was no window which lead downstairs. (Also the Window to the side was blocked)
I mean, could also be possible that the Window which drops into the Basement of the House can be open, then the Breakable Wall would be mandatory to break again. Seems like it can either be good for the Survivor or good for the Killer.
(even tho, the Killer is the only person who can remove the Wall which is good for the Survivors, while it cannot be done the other way around)
It is baffling that a loop that has been named by the community " the house of pain" has not been looked into or balanced.
The game seriously needs more than two balance devs to remove bias...