Hag needs to be more noob-friendly for survivors

As you know, hag's traps can be avoided by crouching. However, there is no indication of this in game for newer players. Due to not explaining this core mechanic, it leads to new players activating traps left and right, which negatively impacts not only them but their teammates. It's like how new survivors used to struggle on hook because they didn't know it was a bad idea.

Therefore, there needs to be some sort of in game notification that alerts newer survivors to crouch over hag traps. I don't really have an idea on how to implement this but I believe that this is necessary to improve the experience of new survivors and their teammates.

Comments

  • Those little hints before the game don't already mention that?

  • @Milo said:

    Those little hints before the game don't already mention that?

    Not everyone reads those. If they did we wouldn't have new survivors killing themselves on hooks or activating hag traps when unhooking. Plus those killer specific tips only appear in the loading screen for the first several times you face a killer so if you didn't read them the first time you miss out.

  • Eh, I'm more on the side that I don't think the traps should be avoidable personally.... same with Pyramid's trench... think the concept of crouching around to bypass all these mechanics is just silly.

  • @arcnkd said:

    Eh, I'm more on the side that I don't think the traps should be avoidable personally.... same with Pyramid's trench... think the concept of crouching around to bypass all these mechanics is just silly.

    If you couldn't bypass hag traps, then the hag would just set up one at the hook and be able to easily camp/get downs. It would make her the best killer in the game and would be very frustrating for survivors as there would be no way to unhook without at least one survivor getting downed.

  • @Cancan71 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1613800#Comment_1613800

    If you couldn't bypass hag traps, then the hag would just set up one at the hook and be able to easily camp/get downs. It would make her the best killer in the game and would be very frustrating for survivors as there would be no way to unhook without at least one survivor getting downed.

    True... but you also have the option of using the flashlight for something other than blinding the killer, with those traps. Maybe the Hag's could maintain the crouching over them (debatable; should be able to crouch up to them and maybe remove them); but crouching to bypass PH's trench is a line I draw in the sand. lol

  • I think she is fine. Also crouching should not activate Hag's or PH's traps. They are fine.

    out of topic, PH is already annoying as hell, and if something needs to be more noob-friendly, it's he, not Hag.

  • @Eareland said:

    I think she is fine. Also crouching should not activate Hag's or PH's traps. They are fine.

    out of topic, PH is already annoying as hell, and if something needs to be more noob-friendly, it's he, not Hag.

    Crouching to avoid either (trench especially) is an extreme stretch of logic and just an example of poor development and design, in my opinion.... but okay.

    On your off topic - why is it that Survivors are so terrified of Torment? Like, my friend says whenever he plays or like streamers he watches.. .Survivors will purposefully take hits to avoid having to get Torment on them. Are they that concerned with his mori-ability? If anything I think Torment is too weak and needs to actually do something to the Survivor while they're out and running about.

  • @arcnkd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1613870#Comment_1613870

    Crouching to avoid either (trench especially) is an extreme stretch of logic and just an example of poor development and design, in my opinion.... but okay.

    On your off topic - why is it that Survivors are so terrified of Torment? Like, my friend says whenever he plays or like streamers he watches.. .Survivors will purposefully take hits to avoid having to get Torment on them. Are they that concerned with his mori-ability? If anything I think Torment is too weak and needs to actually do something to the Survivor while they're out and running about.

    I avoid Torment, because I wanna make killer's game harder, by not giving him easy hook. And also stepping on that red ######### makes survivor scream, I don't want my location to be revealed unless I want killer to chase me. Although, I don't want PH to chase me, like ever. Pyramid Heads are Tunnel Heads, nothing changes my mind, they are annoying to deal with and his long range ability is broken as #########. Mindgames with him are boring and being able to fake his long range attack without cooldown penalty is the true reason why I hate and many others I know, hate him.

    On todays Q&A Live Stream, there was question about PH's rework or something like that, I don't remember the question exactly, it came from the person who hates PH much, so much that he doesn't play it himself, cause he knows how annoying it is.


    So yeah, I really have no problem with the red thing, but I will keep avoiding it. If I avoid it, I'll maybe have actually a good match.

  • @Eareland said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1613887#Comment_1613887

    I avoid Torment, because I wanna make killer's game harder, by not giving him easy hook. And also stepping on that red ######### makes survivor scream, I don't want my location to be revealed unless I want killer to chase me. Although, I don't want PH to chase me, like ever. Pyramid Heads are Tunnel Heads, nothing changes my mind, they are annoying to deal with and his long range ability is broken as #########. Mindgames with him are boring and being able to fake his long range attack without cooldown penalty is the true reason why I hate and many others I know, hate him.

    On todays Q&A Live Stream, there was question about PH's rework or something like that, I don't remember the question exactly, it came from the person who hates PH much, so much that he doesn't play it himself, cause he knows how annoying it is.

    So yeah, I really have no problem with the red thing, but I will keep avoiding it. If I avoid it, I'll maybe have actually a good match.

    Hmm. I guess so. The rework to his Cages already killed every bit of Silent Hill hype I had for that entire chapter and made me regret getting it. When the ultimately rework him because of outcry on his hard-counters (which, personally, I do not think are a problem at all - just require more work to play against and make it harder to directly toy with him like you can other killers), I'll just let him gather dust like 90% of the other killers do. Just like the Freddy "rework" that absolutely killed his invisibility because of Survivor outcry really killed my interest in him. His rework was 'meh' once it became known that the Dream World no longer meant Freddy could mindgame with invisibility; and that being in the Dream state no longer affected action speeds (10,000% lame ass decision, killed my interest worse than lack of invisibility) so there's literally very little reason to worry about being put into the Dreaming state.