That's not really relevant to my question. I wasn't asking about willingly giving items. I was asking what would people do if someone stole their item that wanted to keep, while BMing in their face about it.
I'd move on in the match. I'd remember the person, sure and if I could make sure at some later point that they paid for it without screwing over other Survivor teammates or hurting a match, I would. But the odds of that are low. Rarely do you have a chance to give just punishments to a teammate when you NEED them to get out alive.
"poor sport" - only if you look at DBD as an e-sport. If you look at it as casual entertainment and you are not having fun, than I don't see anything wrong with it. You surely understand that not everyone treats DBD as a competitive sport, don't you?
My item fell from my hand. F my team!! I'm outtie!! Lol 🐱
If I think there isn’t enough time to heal under hook, I’ll drop my Medkit before I unhook and run away. It’s a survivor team so the items need to benefit the team to escape the killer. It’s not a big deal to lose an item
Come on... You know this is not what I described. No need to make strawman. Item fell out of your hand and someone who seen it happen pick it up knowing that you are watching it and then proceeds to BM you in your face about it.
Time to dip out! Not wanting to play cause of an item is beyond poor sport. The web as well as chests in each map, are full of items! Just do gens and get over it. How can this 1 item be soooooo valuable? It sounds more like the item loser is a habitual DC'er finding any reason to quit... People have a right to DC, don't get me wrong. But this specific reason is petty. Consider other team mates that brought items. 1 player less makes it harder to es cape. If they can't escape they lose their items. So the DCer also ''stole' items in that sense.
The "poor sport" thing is getting really tiring and repetitive. I'll explain once again... Not everyone treats gaming as sport. Some see it as casual entertainment. What makes you think that everyone should treat video games like some sort of competitive sport?
Also not sure why you so confused about concept of stealing. In my country even toddlers in kindergarten are taught that if you didn't bring it, than it isn't yours. And even 5 year old kiddies know that they can't just grab a toy from someone else while that person is momentarily distracted, unless they want to have a fight.
"I'm quitting because I can't have my key" is the textbook definition of someone being a poor sport.
Edit: If you want to quit because you're not having fun then finish the match and THEN turn off the game. That's what being a good sport/good teammate is.
The "poor sport" thing is getting really tiring and repetitive. I'll explain once again... Not everyone treats gaming as sport. Some see it as casual entertainment. What makes you think that everyone should treat video games like some sort of competitive sport?
Also not sure why you so confused about concept of stealing. In my country even toddlers in kindergarten are taught that if you didn't bring it, than it isn't yours. And even 5 year old kiddies know that they can't just grab a toy from someone else while that person is momentarily distracted, unless they want to have a fight.
Clearly you are the one who DCed having lost the key. Nothing stopping you from playing this way.I hope you can find a new key so you can have fun again. I don't have anything else to add to this thread, lol. 😋
Ok, let me try once again because it looks like you are still not getting it...
One can not be poor sport while not playing sport.
Hope that's clear now. Everything else you say is irrelevant because we are talking about video game, not sport.
Except that this is a sport, a full contact sport albeit virtually. What makes you feel otherwise? Tennis is a game, but it is also a sport. People pay for Tennis lessons, that doesn't make it any less a sport. So yes, if other Players are counting on you completing the match, it is bad form to disconnect, i.e. a bad sport. If you don't want to actually play the game, find another one. Selfish behavior here tends to correlate to selfish behavior in the real world.
"revise your argument... or better yet your behavior."
ad ho·mi·nem
/ˌad ˈhämənəm/
adjective
(of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.
Now tell me how you telling me to revise my behavior is not an attack against me?
My Argument is that the behavior you're defending (DCing mid-match because someone stole your item) is bad. So yeah, I'm attacking your argument and not you as a person.
...and with that, I am exiting this conversation stage left. Have fun trying to find people who agree with you.
Pardon me, but it sounded like you attacked my behavior, rather than the behavior that I was defending. And I already explained multiple times that it wasn't me. I was just an observer. I'll chalk it to misunderstanding rather than Ad Hominem. Peace 😘
Last night I had a match where i really did feel bad. Coldwind farm. The person has a pink key, and I was running to the Hatch location since the survivors were also his friends and I was just some rando. I used the key with them ALL around me and the killer SLAMMED the hatch shut. I thought it was bs and I am sure if they were NOT crossplay. I would have been flamed in chat.
Is it really my fault? Probably not. But to some it probably is.
This game has TOXIC issues that are from fatal flaws within the game itself. Maybe if the killer COULDN'T have slammed the hatch SHUT it would have been different for outcome.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I'd move on in the match. I'd remember the person, sure and if I could make sure at some later point that they paid for it without screwing over other Survivor teammates or hurting a match, I would. But the odds of that are low. Rarely do you have a chance to give just punishments to a teammate when you NEED them to get out alive.
My item fell from my hand. F my team!! I'm outtie!! Lol 🐱
OMG, this is what I do too!! Hi-Five 😊!!
Move on 🤷♂️
Time to dip out! Not wanting to play cause of an item is beyond poor sport. The web as well as chests in each map, are full of items! Just do gens and get over it. How can this 1 item be soooooo valuable? It sounds more like the item loser is a habitual DC'er finding any reason to quit... People have a right to DC, don't get me wrong. But this specific reason is petty. Consider other team mates that brought items. 1 player less makes it harder to es cape. If they can't escape they lose their items. So the DCer also ''stole' items in that sense.
"I'm quitting because I can't have my key" is the textbook definition of someone being a poor sport.
Edit: If you want to quit because you're not having fun then finish the match and THEN turn off the game. That's what being a good sport/good teammate is.
Clearly you are the one who DCed having lost the key. Nothing stopping you from playing this way.I hope you can find a new key so you can have fun again. I don't have anything else to add to this thread, lol. 😋
If you're quibbling over semantics to defend your bad behavior it's a good sign that you're on the losing end of an argument.
You might want to revise your argument... or better yet your behavior.
Gens
Follow them around and drop pallets 😈
Except that this is a sport, a full contact sport albeit virtually. What makes you feel otherwise? Tennis is a game, but it is also a sport. People pay for Tennis lessons, that doesn't make it any less a sport. So yes, if other Players are counting on you completing the match, it is bad form to disconnect, i.e. a bad sport. If you don't want to actually play the game, find another one. Selfish behavior here tends to correlate to selfish behavior in the real world.
It just sounds to me like you are trying to avoid taking responsibility for selfish behavior. You be you I guess.
That's... not what an Ad Hominem attack is.
Get your fallacies straight, mate!
Well I guess I could take my toys and go home... ...wait a minu...
Well #########. guess I will just go home then.
My Argument is that the behavior you're defending (DCing mid-match because someone stole your item) is bad. So yeah, I'm attacking your argument and not you as a person.
...and with that, I am exiting this conversation stage left. Have fun trying to find people who agree with you.
Peace.
Last night I had a match where i really did feel bad. Coldwind farm. The person has a pink key, and I was running to the Hatch location since the survivors were also his friends and I was just some rando. I used the key with them ALL around me and the killer SLAMMED the hatch shut. I thought it was bs and I am sure if they were NOT crossplay. I would have been flamed in chat.
Is it really my fault? Probably not. But to some it probably is.
This game has TOXIC issues that are from fatal flaws within the game itself. Maybe if the killer COULDN'T have slammed the hatch SHUT it would have been different for outcome.