Undying + Ruin is Killer's Decisive + Unbreakable

Survivors now have to go on a Scooby Doo chase to take down Ruin, might actually run these two instead of Pop on high mobility killers, sniper doc as well could make things crumble. It overall just seems EXTREMELY strong and if the devs nerf this and not OoO or DS + Unbreakable then I'm never letting go of pop

Comments

  • If they nerf that combo we will know which side they prefer, because even surveillance got nerfed.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    If they nerf that combo we will know which side they prefer, because even surveillance got nerfed.

    Oh it's obvious the devs are survivor players with the occasional killer in there, I just hope they let us have this, and if they do nerf it, make it minimal like "Once a hex has been moved to another totem, it will go on cooldown for 30 seconds", or something like that

  • Survivors are finally doing the bones

  • @Nosferatu3145 said:

    Survivors are finally doing the bones

    Ikr? It's like the game actually gives them something else to do so they don't have to hold M1 all game and have to walk around a bit, and killers get to utilize them being off gens to apply some regression

  • @BitingSea said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1611753#Comment_1611753

    Oh it's obvious the devs are survivor players with the occasional killer in there, I just hope they let us have this, and if they do nerf it, make it minimal like "Once a hex has been moved to another totem, it will go on cooldown for 30 seconds", or something like that

    I will be behind that, something not that bad is good at least, I just don't want it to be extremely nerfed like "it can't be combined with any perks but monstrous shrine" which doesn't make sense but it doesn't have to.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1611758#Comment_1611758

    I will be behind that, something not that bad is good at least, I just don't want it to be extremely nerfed like "it can't be combined with any perks but monstrous shrine" which doesn't make sense but it doesn't have to.

    Yea, devs either go too soft or too hard on nerfs, sometimes they reach that middle ground they wanted, like with new billy's add ons. I just pray if they do touch this combo, they either give DS+UB the same treatment, or be fair and give them both light nerfs that keep them viable, but not as strong as right now

  • @blackhat112 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/190504/undying-ruin-is-killers-decisive-unbreakable

    I mean unbreakable + DS is 100% guaranteed protection.

    Whereas undying is only 50% chance itll work so, yeah, RNG really, not quite near the level of strength.

    That 50/50 is really good though, bc if it's like a swf, no matter the number they'll say they got ruin, then either ruin stays and Undying leaves, or both stay and they start all over again, killer can also use that first cleanse to see where Undying is, and if Undying gets cleansed they know where their final ruin spot is. Sometimes you can eat or avoid ds, but you can't slug ruin last time i checked, so I'd say it's equal power to some degree

  • I mean, if they spread out and commit then Ruin still basically does nothing. But still, better than nothing!

  • @Xbob42 said:

    I mean, if they spread out and commit then Ruin still basically does nothing. But still, better than nothing!

    That's still time wasted, in that time they go through all that trouble only one or 2 gens have work done, and a survivor is either down or hurt

  • No, it's not. Don't compare something with no counterplay to something with counterplay that the Devs have been pushing for over a year.

  • @blackhat112 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1611782#Comment_1611782

    The only real benefit undying has to being used is that it will with RNG, allocate a crappily spawned hex totem location (like right out in the open) to 1 of the difficult spots they can spawn.

    The issue is its all RNG though and realistically this only slightly increases your chances of getting a hard-to-cleanse hex:ruin.

    Imagine if DS only had a 50% chance of working even though it took 1 of your perk slots. No survivor would use it.

    But in reality their are 4 survivors, and they destroy 1 of the 4 killer perk slots in 10 seconds flat. This games a joke in terms of balance, and undying is only mediocre IMO. This hex wont change anything and most killers wont use it because they only have 4 perk slots.

    Well not every killer is gonna use it, I'm just saying for the high mobility or high range killers this combo is very violent. Max range PH, Sniper Doc, Blight, Oni, Billy, Nurse, you get the point

  • Undying is like DS for survivors. Killers expect DS and so they play around it by slugging and not picking up even though survivor doesnt have DS. If this perk becomes meta which I see it can, survivors will start to cleanse dull totems even though the killer doesn't have undying. I think it's fair.

  • @Zeus said:

    Undying is like DS for survivors. Killers expect DS and so they play around it by slugging and not picking up even though survivor doesnt have DS. If this perk becomes meta which I see it can, survivors will start to cleanse dull totems even though the killer doesn't have undying. I think it's fair.

    Agreed, one Cursed notification and they'll probably swarm dulls

  • @blackhat112 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1611794#Comment_1611794

    I mean maybe im out of touch or something, but i guess it all depends on the kinda team you are fighting.

    The issue with Undying is that it only shows auras of people cleansing, and doesn't increase the time to cleanse like TOTH. So if you are chasing someone, it might be hard to notice someone destroying it so fast at around 10 seconds.

    Maybe if you paired it with TOTH it would be decent, but then you are using 3 perk slots for hexes which is kinda excessive. I guess it could work on Billy or sniper Doc. Max range PH is like 12m on his m2 lol, not that great.

    True, I forgot about TOTH's speed decrease, it could be exessive to pair it with Undying, but at that point you could just go hex build. I'm not saying you should always run Ruin + Undying, but i'm just saying it's one of the strongest perk combos for the killers

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I wouldn't call it that. I'd still consider it a second chance for hex perks tho.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1611753#Comment_1611753

    COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN BROOOOOOOOOO... You can't say that... Jesus Christ. This made me roll my eyes so much I almost turned into the Undertaker from WWE

    Ignore the fact that devs reworked maps, removed some pallets from maps, made maps smaller, and removed god and infinite loops from a majority of maps....

    Surveillance was supposed to be a bug fix, not a nerf.

    God loops needed to go, reworked maps and they are even worse now (might be a bug), infinites needed to go, no skill involved in that, maps got smaller because if you started in 1 side by the time you get to the other you already lost a gen or two, deadzones is a different topic.

    I don't watch wwe so I have no idea who that is.

  • @Zeus said:

    Undying is like DS for survivors. Killers expect DS and so they play around it by slugging and not picking up even though survivor doesnt have DS. If this perk becomes meta which I see it can, survivors will start to cleanse dull totems even though the killer doesn't have undying. I think it's fair.

    "Hey, you want your NOED nerf? Here it is!"

  • @BitingSea said:

    Survivors now have to go on a Scooby Doo chase to take down Ruin, might actually run these two instead of Pop on high mobility killers, sniper doc as well could make things crumble. It overall just seems EXTREMELY strong and if the devs nerf this and not OoO or DS + Unbreakable then I'm never letting go of pop

    Unfortunately Undying + Ruin doesn't guarantee a win 99% of games if you're good. Unlike DS + UB does if you have a 4 man sweaty SWF.

    I know already that Undying is getting nerfed in the hotfix. Too many people have complained about it and it's difficult to test perk builds like that to see if they're actually busted. Likely hood is that they'll follow the crowd and nerf it.

  • To all saying they better not nerf it because of ds+ub. But you do know ds was heavily nerfed right? You cant all be new killers on these forums surely? Give us old ds back and keep your combo, its really not hard to do bones

  • It make the game so tedious, you spend the first half of the match searching for undying, and then for ruin, and if the killer has Haunted land (I dont know how it is called in english, in spanish is Tierra Embrujada, the one for the Spirit) it make the game so boring and stupid.

    If you play solo, it's impossible to win a match like that, you cannot know where the other totems are, plus the killer can know when a survivor is near one.

    It's so stupid, now the game is based on purifying totems instead of making generators. It is a main build for killer, almost the 70% of them has this combo and the update was about almost 2 days.

    If undying only work 1 time, like, you purify Ruin, and then change of totem, but Undying go off, it will be fine. It will be a time wasting perks for the survivors, but at least the game still be playable. But know is like you spend 15min searching for totems, and when you finally destroy both of them, 2 of your teammates are dead and you still have 4 gens to do.

  • its only strong until survivors finally learn to cleanse dull totems too.

    If there is nothing left to be transfered to, ruin goes and undying does nothing.