Are the devs done with licensed killers?
Now I really like the original killers because I love to see the awesome stuff the devs can come up with but I'm getting the feeling they might be done with the licenced killers. The only likely candidates left are possibly Jason, a slight chance for ghostface even though he's human and a very low chance for pennywise considering he's his own entity and all. I think we're just going to see original killers from now on although I could be wrong, we never know.
Comments
Besides Pinhead from Hellraiser I don´t really see any neccesarity for more licensed Killers. Chucky, Ghostface and the Jeepers Creepers Guy are boring af. I like the original Killers much better.
I'm a bigger fan of the original killers as well, but I'd still geek over more licensed killers. I think someone on here who wasn't a moderator said they plan on having 1 licensed killer come out for this year. Not sure how much validity it holds.
Theres way more possible than that. And every year that theres new horror movies, even more.
Jason may not happen due to legal issues.
Jeepers creepers is confirmed never happening due to the creator being a...well...sicko...
Pennywise should have been there instead of clown
Chucky has been fawned over for a while.
Ghostface is possible.
The Grudge girl is possible, (just talk to the creator, he's a really nice japanese guy, he'd love stuff like this)
The Nun is new and god damn is she nice with the fear.
The Ring girl would be in heavy contest with the grudge but still possible.
Slenderman is a free agent, nobody officially owns his lore/image as he may legally be considered along the lines of myths and legends etc.
Smiley is a decent one nobody really remembers.
Mama is a god damn terrifying ghost.
Hellraiser may or may not be possible considering where he came from but is a horror movie classic.
Left 4 Dead special zombies, the fact they have Bill, but not any of the zombies is a shame, Tank would be a god damn nightmare.
Exorcist, if they could get that girl in that'd be another contender with the grudge and Ring. And an icon and legend among horror fans. Got a chance to meet the actress, she's strangely creepy even then.
Insidious- If we got the red faced man holy ######### that would be amazeballs. Or any of the insidious demons.
The Leprechaun- I know its a funny character, but if they can pull of chucky (if ever) then they can pull of the leprechaun.
Theres hundreds of movie monsters they could bring into this games, and iconic horror sets they could add in. The killer menu would look like a Mugen character select screen. But in all honesty, when you consider they'd have to also make 3 perks per new killer, plus throw in a new survivor with 3 more perks, we may never even see a fraction of the iconic killers and monsters reach this game because everyones so obsessed with the meta and technicalities and trying to make this game a damn E-sport, that it misses out on the potential to be the best horror game on the planet....period...
Which is a shame.... I really miss when survivors were afraid... I feel like the cast from AAAhh!!! Real Monsters, sitting in a school lobby full of other killers, moping about how we can't get enough scares on the humans....its sad...
They don't even scream at us anymore....
Personally speaking i hope they are done with the licensed killers. I like their original creations more. They can be more creative in their design and power. Plus it also allows us to purchase the killer with playtime/shards rather than being forced to buy them via money.
Hopefully.
No thanks, all licensed killers are weak and still stay that way
Because you can simply state one is stronger than the other for the sake of story and game mechanics.