Why is it at red/purple ranks that so many survivors...
Maybe this is just an Australian/Oceania thing, but here’s what I notice A LOT of in solo play.
- 3 gen’ing. I’ll do my very best to stop this from happening, getting regularly chased off of the gens closest to the centre that I know should prevent a 3 gen, but everyone else is too damn impatient, and before I know it the match is thrown because of a tight cluster of gens tucked in one corner that all the killer needs to do is stand in the centre of. Good luck if anybody is hooked there too.
- Refusing to heal/refusing to be healed. No, you’re not a god at this game by staying injured. All too often I came across an injured survivor, the killer is clearly occupied elsewhere, but they refuse a heal. And guess what? Most of these “heroes” go down in 5 seconds the next time they’re spotted. It’s very frustrating when an opportunity to heal/be healed SAFELY is presented, yet so many survivors behave stupidly, and freely give the killer shorter chases.
- Bum rushing the hook without BT. Why? Just why?
- Deluding themselves that Bubba has left the basement.
Comments
Maybe it's a SA/WA thing. I rarely see a 3-gen, not healing is more of a PC thing, but I've also taken to running Resilience and try to 99 it, but there's no communicating that.
As for the hook bombing, I only do that if time is limited and you're about to go down a phase. I hate doing it, but sometimes it feels like the only option available.
Bubba, tho, I just make sure to NEVER GO NEAR THE BASEMENT.
If they’re refusing to be healed, are you absolutely sure they’re not running No Mither? But yeah, I’ve run into this. If they don’t stop running away, I give up trying.
I know.
I use No Mither a lot.
I check the status screen to know whether they’re injured or broken.
For me on the US servers it's mainly the Red Ranks that seem to have these issues. Three gen'ning doesn't seem to happen all that often. I sometimes get a Survivor that doesn't heal others. Bum rushing hooks is probably the most common sight for me. It goes hand in hand with the thought of "######### are my teammates even doing??" because in some games no one else seems to be working on gens. Teammates are too busy hook trading/farming each other. It was such a common sight that I just started bringing Left Behind and try to get out through the hatch.
Yeah I’ll sometimes make sure I’ve got both Left Behind and Wake Up as “fail safe”
Actually if you arent out of position, and you are good, you should stay injured. Your teammates and you can do the objective faster.
Yes, IF you’re good.
But most of the time I just see them go down quick, and seem to be completely oblivious to the fact that they’re easily heard by the killer.
But even then, IF you’re good, wouldn’t you WANT to able to extend chases longer by being able to tank an additional hit?!
No. You want to have more time on gens.
That includes giving your team more time during chases
Maybe that means that theyre trying to get better. I mean, I ran no mither while learning to loop, so that looping would be super easy without it. Maybe theyre do ing the same thing.
Thats the reason why I run resilience. It doesnt seem like it, but tanking an extra hit can stall gen progress as most loops are near gens. I run vault build and stay injured the whole game, and do everything 9, sometimes 15, percent faster. I run Sprint burst too, so if I'm taken by surprise I can still get away.