Do people actually get banned?
I have reported many people that have said racial and homophobic slurs in a hateful way but would like to know if the person got what they deserved.
I have reported many people that have said racial and homophobic slurs in a hateful way but would like to know if the person got what they deserved.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Yes, players get banned for that. So far, every player I have reported (and where I got the Steam-ID) got banned.
I reported a player for racial abuse/slurs over a month ago. I had screen shots, etc and the other players said they were reporting them too.
1 month later I get an email saying "sorry for the delay" and that "it would be looked into". Immediatedly followed by an automated response saying the matter was now "closed".
TLDR: No, I guess not.
They don't tell you whether the person was banned or not, even when they ban someone they give you the "matter is now closed".
Overwatch sends players a message when their reports resulted something. It would be really cool having something like this on DbD.
I partially suffer from this because I've seen so many streamers report me for skin hacking (because I have Nurse's Fluid Nightengale skin, which is not available in the game anymore, and they think it's Nurse's prestige skin). I don't care but would be glad if something was returned to these players saying my account is fine.
I never noticed the bans work on console. Most reports I've sent with video aren't viewed. I'd wish they told if a report worked or not but I guess I just have to hope they did.