Just delete iridescents hatchets
This add-on is just boring. Once someone is one-shotted, everybodys DC or suicide, you finish the match with less than 1000 bp and -2 depip
Come on
This add-on is just boring. Once someone is one-shotted, everybodys DC or suicide, you finish the match with less than 1000 bp and -2 depip
Come on
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I don’t think deleting a killer’s iridescent is a good idea. Every killer should have access to something powerful or useful for iridescent. It’s hard to play against but it has counter play. What’s the harm of a little sense of danger?
not before adding an unnecessary cooldown
OhTofu just did a video this week where he played Iri Hatchets without the extra hatchets add-on that everybody uses with it. So he only had the one hatchet throw max before loading every time. It still was pretty good, maybe not quite so overpowering as when you use the add-on to carry 3 at a time, so making the add-on say "Can carry maximum of 1 hatchet, overrides other add-ons" might be a good way to tone it down so that particular add-on combo isn't used.
https://youtu.be/IIrSVvmudgcIt's definitely a good way to make iri head useless. I'd take addonless Huntress over iri head only Huntress any day of the week. Giving it a range requirement is all we need to change about it. You can dodge a hatchet from a distance, but you can't realistically dodge one when you're up close, and the majority of iri head downs are up close which is why it's so broken and cheap.
Ironically Tofu came out of the games he did thinking Iri Head by itself with only one shot each is still maybe a bit too strong even as a first impression. Basically the extra reload time is more than made up for by the instant downs saving you an extra entire chase assuming that you can consistently land those hits.
Personally I don't have a real dog in this fight though, Huntress is not one of my better killers or even a killer I like playing all that much honestly. I'm just passing on a link to an interesting video on the topic.
I wish people would stop saying "delete" and actually tried thinking of a way to change it. If we deleted OoO and DS for example, Laurie would only have ONE perk.
Besides, what about the compensation for literally removing an entire add-on? Do people that hoard 100 of them just eat crap and not get cared about?
Anyway, I feel the best way to do it is to make "It becomes better with more momentum" which is the lore reason why the hatchets would only 1 shot down when the survivor is ~12 meters away. If it only 1-shot downed ~12 meters away, and not when the Huntress is literally breathing down the survivors neck, I feel it would be balanced.
I don't think that it should be deleted. Its really annoying but I sorta like an increase in difficulty but I think to make it better would just be to rework it. I have an idea.
I'm thinking we should keep the insta down aspect of the add on but make it so that it rewards skill. Make it so that if the survivor is hit by the hatchet 10 meters away from you then they are put into the dying state. Decrease the number of hatchets by 2 (or 3). And add a large bonus increase in blood points for hitting far away hatchets
How is that rework?
True did a match with only Iri heads and nothing else! No perks, offerings or other add-ons! I don't think Iri heads is a problem! I think the problem lies within the fact that
1. Survivors don't like the threat of Iri heads
2. Hate being insta-downed
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fAYoznKPlNgIn Soviet Russia, iri hatchet deletes you!