Dont assume the killer will always camp
I just had a game as huntress where I had 2 guys up on hooks, the meg was on first stage and the nea on second stage. I was also chasing the obsession at this time. The nea was let die on hook and the meg go to 2nd stage because the Steve apparently didnt even start heading for the saves until I had already hooked the obsession.
In post game chat when the meg was annoyed at him for not going for the pretty obviously safe save, he said he thought that I was face camping so didnt go. This was a really odd experience and I dont see how it benefits anyone, so please dont just assume the killer is camping for seemingly no reason. I'd understand a bit more if it was a new player but this guy was rank 3.
Comments
I was also chasing the obsession at this time.
he said he thought that I was face camping so didnt go.
this guy was rank 3.
Takes a special kind of Survivor to not notice the HUD existing apparently.
I also had a wierd experience recently: I was playing Ghostface with STBFL, on Autohaven, and they kept rushing the hook full-health because they assumed (according to the post game) that I was just going to pop my power and somehow, using my secret killer magic and a thirty second cooldown, stay hidden and stalk whomever came for the rescue in the middle of an open field. Needless to say, in that situation, STBFL got them all killed and three of them (a SWF) blamed me for facecamping while person number four was just as confused as me.
Assuming someone's going to camp gets you killed. Seriously, either run kindred or go for a safe approach.
That's part of why I always run Kindred. Though if the killer is Deathslinger, Myers, Ghostface, Wraith, or Hag, I assume some sort of camping might be going on until I see evidence otherwise. (Sometimes Pig, if she crouches before leaving Kindred's radius)
Killer Awareness is a very important skill for survivors, and it's one that's often underestimated. I made it to Red Ranks because I have good killer awareness, even though I can't loop for the life of me.