The other counter to Iron Will...

So much stock is put into Stridor as a counter to Iron Will, particularly because of how often Spirit players use it, that it’s often overlooked just how superior Bloodhound is as a tracking perk and counter to Iron Will.

I’ve quite literally found survivors I couldn’t hear behind rocks because of the bright red trail of blood just hugging the foot of it.

Bloodhound helps me deal with Iron Will, it helps me end chases faster (less “where did the go?!”), and makes it fairly easy to find any slugged survivors.

What are your thoughts on Bloodhound?

Comments

  • I just used it on Wraith for a challenge and I really liked it for tracking, helped me find hiding survivors and chasing them..

    but I guess it’s also really underground/map dependent, isn’t it?

  • Bloodhound is really good against Iron Will, especially on tall grass maps where people can use them to hide blood stains.

  • Honestly, if the PTB Badham grass becomes normal for most maps, Bloodhound might become forced meta, which is awful given that killers need perks more than you'd expect.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    So much stock is put into Stridor as a counter to Iron Will, particularly because of how often Spirit players use it, that it’s often overlooked just how superior Bloodhound is as a tracking perk and counter to Iron Will.

    I’ve quite literally found survivors I couldn’t hear behind rocks because of the bright red trail of blood just hugging the foot of it.

    Bloodhound helps me deal with Iron Will, it helps me end chases faster (less “where did the go?!”), and makes it fairly easy to find any slugged survivors.

    What are your thoughts on Bloodhound?

    I think you're looking at it the wrong way which is why Bloodhound seems better.

    You're looking at it from a tracking perspective and finding the location of survivors.

    Iron Will isn't good/being used because of its location tracking. It's good because it allows you to pin point the survivors location on the spot, mid loop. This allows you to know exactly where they are at behind the wall to better mind game the loop.

    So for "tracking", sure Bloodhound is better. However, people don't run Iron Will for its tracking and that's not why it's good. It's for the mind games at loops and pin pointing location behind walls.

    No one generally cares about tracking at high ranks which is why no one runs Bloodhound.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/189122/the-other-counter-to-iron-will

    I think you're looking at it the wrong way which is why Bloodhound seems better.

    You're looking at it from a tracking perspective and finding the location of survivors.

    Iron Will isn't good/being used because of its location tracking. It's good because it allows you to pin point the survivors location on the spot, mid loop. This allows you to know exactly where they are at behind the wall to better mind game the loop.

    So for "tracking", sure Bloodhound is better. However, people don't run Iron Will for its tracking and that's not why it's good. It's for the mind games at loops and pin pointing location behind walls.

    No one generally cares about tracking at high ranks which is why no one runs Bloodhound.

    Iron Will? Or Stridor?

  • I'm referring to saying Bloodhound does a better job at countering Iron Will than Stridor.