are real life people/historical figures a possibility for dbd?
would it be possible, and would they be daring enough to potentially add controversial figures like a German leader who I won't say the name of?
would it be possible, and would they be daring enough to potentially add controversial figures like a German leader who I won't say the name of?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I believe you have answered your own question.
I think they said before that they weren't including real people, hence why clown isnt John Wayne Gacy.
Also I really dont think Kaiser Wilhelm III would make a good killer or survivor anyway.
You dont want games to be political. Especially not with certain German Leaders who would attract a community you dont want in any game.
Angela Merkel would be a good fit as survivor.
Every time she loads in the campfire she says: WIR MACHEN DAS
Just kidding btw.
I could maybe see Jack the Ripper? I don’t think most actual historical serial killers would be popular in a game other than him.
There would probably be an issue regarding whether BHVR would be glorifying or celebrating real life murderers. This would be a road to controversy they would most probably not survive.
I'm fine with using myths or urban legends such as La Llorona, Spring-heeled Jack, or The White Death. There would be plenty of scope with those and many more.
Yep I think that's probably the reason as well as maybe some legal issues even if the killer is dead. I'm with you for using myths and urban legends-imagine a bigfoot dlc lol not sure what his powers would be though!
wouldn't mind lizzie borden
Nah.
The devs should remain opposed to ideas like these and continue coming up with their own, original (or community-made) ideas and licensed Killers/Survivors/Chapters.
The real question is, would the certain German leader be a survivor or a killer?
But speaking seriously, I think the "realest" character they could add would be Jack the Ripper. Would make for an interesting chapter