Generators
Can yall make generators more fun? I thought of an idea as soon as you hit 50 percent on a gen you have to do 3 connect the wire mini games. You have to connect the wires in the right order in 20 seconds otherwise the generator explodes and you have to restart. The first mini game starts with 3 wires you have to connect and increasing by one for the next 2. This way generators aren't a hold m1 simulator and actually require some skill to do
Comments
I would be okay with this or at the very least give me a steady stream of skill checks (Don't even distribute them if multiple people are on a generator - just everyone gets a bunch of time). Sure it makes "impossible skill check" builds stronger like Doctor but holding too much M1 while looking at my other monitor to ward off my boredom at times makes me stop playing survivor for the day. Looping is the fun part but it's also part of the game to allow that to happen organically rather than bum rushing the killer just to have him ignore me anyway.
Id agree with this as well. It's too boring to hold m1 which usually results in me playing toxic just to get chased
I think mini-games other than skill checks would be fun but I have a feeling that the skill checks are a little too entwined with how the rest of the game works to be replaced. For example consider all the perks and add-ons that have to be changed if you change how generators are done. It would be a pretty large undertaking.
I never said replace them. I mean add this along with skill checks
How would you anticipate a Killer grab when in the middle of doing a puzzle essentially?
Not only that, but given how things are likely coded in this game, I doubt that changing anything about generators is something they're even willing to entertain thinking about.
If there were going to be any changes, the most likely format would be a secondary objective besides Totems and Chests, which they already tested out in a sense with the Halloween Blight Event in 2018.
Right now, they mentioned in the anniversary stream about an Early Game Slowdown mechanic coming to DbD, but we've no idea what form that might take and whether or not it'll give Survivors something else to do.
You don't that's the risk you have to take. It makes generators more risky. Also if you hop off a gen your puzzle progress stays the same