yes, i do actually overheat as hillbilly

i'd just like to say that im probably one of the handful of people on the planet that still main hillbilly and play him skillfully

please stop saying "oh i never overheat, its not even noticeable"

if youre playing billy effectively and using your chainsaw, you will overheat at least once in almost everygame without the yellow overheat addon.

just to clarify, i never m1 unless the survivor is already injured, which is the most optimal and fun way to play billy. please dont try to say you never overheat if you only use your saw for map control anyways.

secondly, even if he actually did never overheat, it still is so unneccesary and just stupid. the visual design changes are still terrible, and he now has like 3 addons that even do slightly anything and arent just gimmicks.

hillbilly is unfun to play now for no reason, and it will be like that for the rest of time. its sad, but dont try to stomp on billys grave and say nothings changed.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1602574#Comment_1602574

    also can you elaborate when you said that the "overheat mechanic was made for people like you." ? in your first post?

    Unlike Billy, Bubba takes 0 brain power to chainsaw a survivor near him, on the other hand, Billy has to aim and survivors can easily juke him. What problems you have with Billy? I'm wondering

    Overexposure. When I hit Purple for the first time, pre-Ruin rework, 95% of my games were against Hillbillies, and a lot of them had less room between me and them than could fit the engine block of the saw before swinging it at me. That is my main reason for hating Hillbilly so much.

    As for what I meany by "people like you" was those that use the saw so much, and only use it on healthy survivors, rather than ending the chase much quicker with basic attacks. Hillbilly has a WEAPON just like every other killer, and a power does not replace a weapon, apparently unless you're Hillbilly or Bubba according to these forums. It feels so unrewarding to me, for BOTH sides, and the only enjoyment I've had from it are accidental half-map snipes.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1602597#Comment_1602597

    How does one end a chase much quicker with an M1 when the survivor is healthy when you're Hillbilly? You essentially let them get distance on you if you do that as Hillbilly. Unlike other 1-shot killers that m1 and Bubba which takes -10 IQ points to down a survivor infront of you with a chainsaw, Hillbilly has to aim the chainsaw and you easily juke him. If you do it succesfully, you'll 100% make it pallet / loop / window. Now Billy is FORCED to M1 you.

    Hillbilly needs more skill to down a survivor in an open field unlike other m1 1-shot killers like Myers or braindead killers like Bubba. You know why? Hillbilly has to aim and you can juke his 1-shot. Please juke a myers in T3 in an open field, or an Oni charging at you full speed in an open field or Bubba, or any 1-shot m1 killer for that matter.

    What I'm getting from you, is the fact that you stopped at a somewhat average Billy level when you were playing and didn't explore what other options you had as Billy and only used his chainsaw to down survivors infront of you and not mindgame or use any of his techs for that matter. Of course that would be unrewarding for you, if that's all you know.

    hillbilly has a weapon as any other killer sure, but what about Bubba? He has one too. What About Myers? He has 1 weapon, but his lunge is greater when he's in T3, can vault super fast and can instantly one-shot you, unlike Billy which has to charge his chainsaw first, which then again, you can juke. If you can juke his one-shot, Billy will either suffer from the fatigue, has to charge the chainsaw again, aim or if he runs into an obstacles he has to suffer an even greater fatigue and you'll be long gone by then.

    What about Demogorgon? He has his claws for weapons and his Shred. People are more salty about them getting downed from 15 meters away than getting 1-shot by Hillbilly's chainsaw.

    Yes, a power can replace a weapon... Best example being Huntress, followed by Demo.

    Loops and jungle gyms. I have actually had people hold it for THAT long. I was also a stealthy Claudette, so my running wasn't as strong as it is now.

    "Skill" also isn't required when you're in bodyblocking range. I'm also on console, so flicks aren't a thing, or they weren't at the time.

    You also misunderstand what I was doing..... I was the SURVIVOR, specifically a default jacket Claudette who got to purple by stealthing it and getting unhooks, heals and generators. Not by running. When I did pick up Hillbilly, months later, I tried to use his hammer more than the saw to see what the fuss of playing Hillbilly was and if Hammer-Billy was a viable thing. Long story short, after a few games it was and I hated it. There was no tactics to it, or if there was it was nothing like Pig. I could bait pallets with the saw and that's where majority of my saw downs came from.

    Never said that I like Tier III Myers, or GF's Stalk, but I recognise that they have ACTUAL REQUIREMENTS to pull off. Same with Lig's Ambus, Demo's Shred and Huntress' hatchets.


    My line was also that it SHOULDN'T replace their weapon. Even on someone like Huntress, but I reserve that more for Iri Heads in bodyblock range.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1602653#Comment_1602653

    First of all, if you're getting body blocked in a corner by a Billy, your chances of survival are almost null, the same goes for any 1-shot killer or any killer for that matter.

    Second of all, Loops and Jungle Gyms? If they hold it for that long, it's their fault, they're either making a mistake or trying to learn. If you honestly get downed by a Billy at a Jungle Gym it's entirely your fault, let's be real here. That place is by far, one the safest things in this game against Billy. If the killer has a power, what's stopping him from trying to mindgame with it at a Jungle Gym / Pallet with it? I do it with Freddy, Doctor, Demo. Billy, Bubba, and pretty much every killer that's not trapper. Or you're saying the best way to get a down is straight up using the M1 ability and not rely on their power?

    If you're getting chased by Hillbilly and he's directly on your arse, YOU CAN STILL spin around him. Do you make the same argument when Oni is in full power and he's readying his one-shot? Because that thing, god forgive me, has an awful god damn hitbox, worse than Hillbilly's chainsaw but you can still dodge it, just not as reliable.

    You said you were playing a Stealthy Claudette. How is that my problem? When you run straight forward and not even bother to juke for your own god damn survival, desperate times call for desperate measures. Of course he's gonna easily 1-shot you, then... WHY would he use his hammer? As someone who plays Billy at high ranks, I ALWAYS keep my chainsaw up for 1-2 seconds before I use it, because I expect people to juke me. Some survivors gave me a ran for my money in an open field, and I was made a Fool because I was missing easy hits. You know why? They were actually trying to dodge.

    All claudettes who play immersed, almost never try to dodge an m1, juke, dodge or do anything for their survival and especially go down in a matter of seconds, because all they do is Hide and don't learn anything from getting chased.You seem to fall under that category. Do people honestly get a rush for adrenaline when they hide? Does it feel rewarding? Wouldn't dodging or juking the killer feel more rewarding when you're getting chased?

    I can live with the thought of people playing differently than me but I have trouble understanding them. Never understood how some people get a rush from hiding.

    I can easily dodge a Billy even if he holds his chainsaw for years. The reason why, I play him and know what to expect and how it works.

    This is devolving into the arguments I have had so many times.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1602653#Comment_1602653

    First of all, if you're getting body blocked in a corner by a Billy, your chances of survival are almost null, the same goes for any 1-shot killer or any killer for that matter.

    Second of all, Loops and Jungle Gyms? If they hold it for that long, it's their fault, they're either making a mistake or trying to learn. If you honestly get downed by a Billy at a Jungle Gym it's entirely your fault, let's be real here. That place is by far, one the safest things in this game against Billy. If the killer has a power, what's stopping him from trying to mindgame with it at a Jungle Gym / Pallet with it? I do it with Freddy, Doctor, Demo. Billy, Bubba, and pretty much every killer that's not trapper. Or you're saying the best way to get a down is straight up using the M1 ability and not rely on their power?

    If you're getting chased by Hillbilly and he's directly on your arse, YOU CAN STILL spin around him. Do you make the same argument when Oni is in full power and he's readying his one-shot? Because that thing, god forgive me, has an awful god damn hitbox, worse than Hillbilly's chainsaw but you can still dodge it, just not as reliable.

    You said you were playing a Stealthy Claudette. How is that my problem? When you run straight forward and not even bother to juke for your own god damn survival, desperate times call for desperate measures. Of course he's gonna easily 1-shot you, then... WHY would he use his hammer? As someone who plays Billy at high ranks, I ALWAYS keep my chainsaw up for 1-2 seconds before I use it, because I expect people to juke me. Some survivors gave me a ran for my money in an open field, and I was made a Fool because I was missing easy hits. You know why? They were actually trying to dodge.

    All claudettes who play immersed, almost never try to dodge an m1, juke, dodge or do anything for their survival and especially go down in a matter of seconds, because all they do is Hide and don't learn anything from getting chased.You seem to fall under that category. Do people honestly get a rush for adrenaline when they hide? Does it feel rewarding? Wouldn't dodging or juking the killer feel more rewarding when you're getting chased?

    I can live with the thought of people playing differently than me but I have trouble understanding them. Never understood how some people get a rush from hiding.

    I can easily dodge a Billy even if he holds his chainsaw for years. The reason why, I play him and know what to expect and how it works.

    I USED to play that Claudette, I couldn't run very well THEN. I couldn't exactly juke them THEN.

    Bodyblock RANGE, not actual bodyblocking. Yes it is their fault, but it still feels terrible.

    I never said it was your problem!

    Stealth, not immersed.


    And again, back to that first word for my biggest hate of Hillbilly: overexposure. I have versed so many of them, I am sick to death and want to DC whenever I hear that chainsaw.

    You asked why I hate Hillbilly and I answered. We could have just left it at that.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1602764#Comment_1602764

    Then stop referencing to BACK THEN ... God knows how long it was or how you've been performing BACK THEN....

    That still doesn't change the fact that even if he's in bodyblock range you can dodge him unlike other killers. He has to aim.

    BACK THEN, he was probably the only viable killer (except nurse), nowadays there are plenty, Billy is in crap position right now. You seem blinded by the hate you had against him BACK THEN and it still persists...

    I do hope you like versing Freddys, Spirits, Deathslingers and Pyramid Heads and definitely more Bubbas since his rework was a successful one and he's in a better position than Billy. Also Huntress with her trucks...

    You would hate the sight of a killer too if it was basically all you versed for 3 months straight! And Nurse was always viable. Just not on console.

    I wish I WAS versing more Freddy, Deathslinger and PH. Hell, give me a Nurse once in a while!

1 2 ›