Question regarding Fanworks
I know fanart and cosplay etc can be posted, but what about multichapter fanfics or links to them?
Also, what's the allowed maximum rating (asking cause I have one rated E for graphic violence and such stuff)
I know fanart and cosplay etc can be posted, but what about multichapter fanfics or links to them?
Also, what's the allowed maximum rating (asking cause I have one rated E for graphic violence and such stuff)
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
anyone?
E = Lots and lots of the nasty stuff (Nc-17 as such, but the way i write it's more R-ish... it's E to be better safe than sorry)
Are you posting on AO3? I ask because they have a great tagging system to help people avoid triggering content. My experience in darkfic has been that if you post a fanfic without tagging specifics (ex. Gore, torture), you will inevitably have upset readers griping at you.
Yep, posting on ao3 and I try tagging as needed (and hope people tell me if I missed something)
My advice here is to shitpost in the tags so people know what they're in for, like "tagging is hard/how do i do this/seriously someone help me" because, at least when I search for fics, seeing those tags makes me chuckle and I'm more likely to check out a fic. Plus, they'd then probably comment if you missed something.
A tag I'd suggest, especially if it's E-Rated, is to use "Dead Dove: Do Not Eat". If you didn't know, it basically means to take caution of the tags because it's pretty heavy in the fic. Say if it's a torture fic of, idk, Dwight and Trapper, where Dwight is forced to test out all of Trapper's new tests and kills, or sometimes dying just for Trapper's amusement, only to be resurrected over and over and over by The Entity, DD:DNE would be pretty damn important to have.
@GoodBoyKaru Really good advice! Dead Dove is a good catch-all 👍
yep. well, so far it's nothing explicite, but e.g. mentions of (tw: eye injury)
someone biting someone's eye out.
DD:DNE is always a good one to stick into anything E-Rated, just to be safe. But yeah, any common triggering topics should definitely be tagged.
for example, depressive thoughts, suicidal thoughts, etc
thank you
Ayo no worries :D
link is in the creations forum now. thanks again