What Are Your *Unique* Non Meta Killer / Survivor Perk Builds
People are just obsessed with boringly predictable meta perks such as: DS / Borrowed Time / DH / Iron Will / Unbreakable
I'd like to see more unique combos out there to mix it up and give keep those Killers / Survivors scratching their heads rather than expecting the same old same old every single match. What are your cool perk builds?
These are my main top two sets of 'go to' perks for Survivor builds. I might add in Killer ones later but I have far too many of them for the first post.
Build 1: Evasion / Loop Avoidance
- Quick 'n' Quiet to vault silently
- Lithe to break into a 150% speed increase sprint after vaulting for 3 seconds
- Dance With Me to leave no scratch marks for 3 seconds after vaulting
- Spine Chill (because I never leave home without it on any of my builds)
Effect of Build 1:
- Vault silently into a sprint leaving no scratch marks for 3 seconds breaking line of sight and losing the Killer 9 times out of 10
Drawbacks of Build 1:
Essentially I have to waste 3 perk slots with QnQ / Lithe and DWM to get this awesome effect
Why don't I see anyone else using this build: ?
This build, at least for me is awesome yet strangely enough I never see anyone running this build. I mean is it bad? has nobody thought of it before? do I have a weird play style?
Build 2: Stealth Altruism
Kindred - to know where the Killer is at long range near the hook
Spine Chill - to know where the killer is in close proximity (and because I still never leave home without it)
Alert - to know where the Killer is everywhere else in the map
(then add in either Self Care or Urban Evasion depending on my mood)
Effect of Build 2:
This allows me to know triangulate where the Killer is for almost the entirety of the match and best plan my way around their actions towards whatever objective needs doing. Rescue, Gens, Bones, Gate, Hatch, Butt Dance (yes butt dance is an objective)
Drawbacks of Build 2:
My only complaints is I don't have room for both Urban Evasion and Self Care., And I cant sacrifice Kindred, Spine Chill or Alert for either of them or the entire build falls apart. So I just swap and change them out depending on how much I trust the other Survivors in the lobby I'll pick Self Care or Urban Evasion.
Why don't I see anyone else using this build: ?
in particular the combo of Kindred / Spine Chill and Alert
Cheers.
Comments
My survivor build
Bond, open handed, detective hunch, self care.
My doctor build
Thanaphobia, sloppy butcher, bbq, whispers
Don't know about them being unique, just what i use.
My Killer builds on the other hand feel a little more "Meta" than my Survivor ones:
Nurse:
Nurses Calling / Whispers / Stridor / Spies From The Shadows
Nurses Calling / Whispers / Stridor / I'm All Ears
(Any variance from Nurses Calling / Whispers / Stridor is a no-no for Nurse so the last slot is all I can change up. Anything with aura reading is good for her)
Though I have heard that Nurses Calling + Sloppy Butcher + Distressing + Coulrophobia has the following effect:
Sloppy Butcher and Coulrophobia heal slowdown stacks then increase heal slowdown radius with Distressing to give allow Nurses Calling to get some serious value for money though I'll find it hard to give up Whispers and Stridor to seriously test it out.
Pyramid Head / Deathslinger
Nurses Calling / Discordance / Monitor and Abuse / STBFL
Freddy:
Nurses Calling / Discordance / Whispers / STBFL
I know it doesn't have POP, Thana and Sloppy Butcher but I like this build for Freddy and wouldn't change it for anything as it has:
Trapper:
Distressing / Unnerving Presence / Iron Grip / Agitation (Killer Shack Altruism Magnet 4k Build)
Distressing and Unnerving Pretense confuses Survivors as to where you are as you always sound like your breathing right down their neck even at mid range
Iron Grip and Agitation allows for easy transport of Survivors to Killer Shack
Build 1 is also called the Houdini build, and yeah... Not many people run it because you are using 3 perk slots on an effect that you often cannot activate. Plus, since sounds have been deliberately wrecked and scratchmakers are deliberately difficult to track, you just need to break LoS and run away from the loop.
I prefer Open Handed, Bond, Kindred - also known as the Not-Quite-SWF build.
So I'm not sure if my Head On/Q&Q/DS/Inner Strength build is unique (it isn't) but I thought of it as soon as I saw Inner Strength release so I'm taking that for myself.
Also, it's not a meta perk but due to some circumstances I've started using the perk "Hope" in all of my builds. It's both very helpful in endgame looping and holds a ######### ton of personal value.
Well thanks to recent additions...
Protect Hex: Devour Hope
Killer Power
Add-ons
Offering
Perks
I like to run Urban Evasion, Spine Chill, We’ll Make It & For The People sometimes.
Most of the time, my build is Borrowed Time, We’ll Make It, Bond, & Resilience.
depip suicide farming build:
WGLF (the core of farming) + Sabo (mostly to see hook auras and counter killers movement. You need toolbox to sabo multiple hooks. Sabo perk alone allow to break only 1 hook and then you get a huge cooldown) + Breakout (it help to outrun kiler and sabo 2nd hook. You will go down, but Breakout will ensure that, if you sabo 2 hooks, carried survivor will escape. It will be an exchange. up to 2 WGLF stacks for 1 exchange. ) and IW (if killer injure you at the 1st saboed hook and you moved away from killer, killer is likely to forget about you and look for next nearest hook. If you have IW, you can sneak behind killer and continue to apply Breakout effect. Hooks are close to each other, so do not expect a survivor to wiggle out, take a hit near 2nd hook to buy 3s for wiggle.)
Its the quickest way to get 4 WGLF stacks. Then you can go totem hunting, open chests and continue breaking hooks to max Boldness.
Just ignore gens and dont farm unhooks. Do only boldness, survival things, and then die.
Up to 40k every 5 min. :^)
My current survivor build is Buckle Up, Botany Knowledge, Leader, Bond.
Iron will for stealth
Dark sense for up to 6 killer auras per game
Alert for more killer auras, handy when looping
Breakdown for aura when rescued and semi anti tunneling