Ok, so, rift experience.....
It seems so slow this time around! Done with all tomes so far. Started playing this morning at level 43. Played all morning, maybe 8 games of decent length. Still at 43!
So what’s it based on anyway? Time in game? Emblems or bloodpoints earned? What should I focus on? I want to be at level 52.5 before time 4 opens, which is 75%, but at this rate...... ugh
Does anyone else feel like the grind is excessive this time around?
Comments
you get a rift tier ~every 12th trial.
its super grindy and i really hope the devs have a LOT of challenges that give 5 rift fragments in the next level.
Your "rift experience" points are the same as your experience points per match for player level. It takes 800 experience points to get another rift shard, matches for me averages 3 shards per 4 games, sometimes "Emblem Bonus" experience is a lot higher like if I get mostly Iri emblems in the trial. Also you get more experience for the first Survivor and first killer games you play of the day which adds another 400 points I think.
It's pretty grindy but I play on average 2 hours a day, have finished all three levels of the Tome that have been released, and am sitting at tier 56 with almost four weeks left of the rift being open and another full level of challenges unreleased.
*Edited for typos
I realised I was never going to make it at this rate so I calculated how many games I need to play per day for the next month. 6. I need to play 6 games per day for 31 more days... :| I like this game, but that's a lot... I'm still going to try because I really want that hair for Meg, but I'm afraid I'll burn out somewhere along the way.
And all of this is assuming I will manage to complete all of level 4's challenges.
You earn 1 Rift Fragment every 800 XP (I think you can earn up to 600 XP for a complete match, which is about 1.34 trials per fragment). Jhondo's average of "3 shards per 4 games" is pretty much the conversion ratio. Though you do get an XP bonus for playing each role once per day, which in my experience is usually about enough for 1 Fragment from each of those matches.
Basically, if you wanted to aim for increasing your Rift Tier one level once each day (which seems to be what was intended with the whole 70 days for 70 levels thing), then you need to play about 8-9 matches a day while playing both roles at least once. Overall, it would probably require about 2 hours of pure gameplay (not including loading, matchmaking, etc) per day, give or take an hour to tier up once.
The grind has honestly felt pretty gnarly for all of the Tomes besides Tome III (which had the most challenges and rewards among all the Tomes thus far). Probably because Tome IV is roughly equivalent to Tome I in size and rewards, so it's challenges aren't going to carry us as far along the rift as Tome II/III did. I'm still optimistic that I'll finish this Rift eventually, but we'll see if the motivation remains after I unlock the David and Wraith outfits.
Someone did out the math and this tome the challenges give you way less rift fragments than tomes 2 and 3. Pretty much they nerfed it and made it super grindy like tome 1 again.
Yeah, I can't say I'm happy about the change to rift progress. It might just be my last rift premium pass if this is what I can expect in the future.
Wait, what change? Did I miss a patch? As far as I know, it's been this way since Tome 1.
600xp per game, so 12-13 games for 1 tier. this one is taking longer because there have been less challenges overall compared to other tomes. im only on 30 and iv done everything so safe to say im not finishing lol. (i was away for a few weeks)
I think the change being referred to is the tome rewards. Fewer “master challenges” that award 5 fragments than in the past.
It is grindy but i'm at 58 so when i get to 70 i will take a break till a few days before halloween. I don't really care or excited about the new chapter or reworked maps and gens.