Unpopular Opinion: Prestige has no true purpose.
Apart from getting "better items" (which means you have to pay more BP to level up), and getting a "bloody" version of the clothes despite everyone using skins, whenever you "Prestige" your character, it really has no true purpose.
For those who just recently started the game, I suggest you don't prestige your character. It servers no purpose, especially if you don't want to lose all your items and perks and start ALL over again. If you have every character, you must only level them up to 40, but beforehand choose whoever your main is, and completely forget about the "Prestige" function. This "main", simply continue leveling them up, up until you have all perks on level 3.
Comments
the purpose is spending your BPs since you can't get over 1kk
That's actually a pretty popular opinion tbh
I have Ace at Prestige 2 Level 33ish but as soon as I prestige him again, all my survivors will be at P3. Ace is the last one because i just don't like him and he's scummy.
I also gotta raise him, Dwight, David, and Jake back to level 50 so they'll be done. Or at least as done as I care to raise them. I pretty much only use the female characters and Jeff anyway
P3 claudette here I have 120 purple flashlights currently. I dok nt think prestige gives you a significant loy higher chance at better items it's just being a completionist for me.