Is it weird that..
I’m running into more and more campers the higher I get in ranks? Can someone explain the strategy behind it (if you camp) because I legitimately want to know? Maybe I’m playing Killer wrong.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Could be that 3 or 4 gens are done before they get the first hook. Maybe the killer feels pressured to play a certain way, because of how fast the game pace is.
Once I'm saved they immediately come back in 2 seconds and down me again before I can even say the safe word.
I constantly hover around rank 5-7 due to bad luck, screwing around and my own shortcomings.
But yeah in my experience most campers at higher ranks want the survivors to rush gens so they can quickly get noed. Because of this I'm now paranoid and try to remove all totems I see.
Remember that camping is wildly used for anything these days. If a survivor loops the killer around the hook, that killer is called a camper, even if it wasn´t his intention.
Killers use BBQ to have a reason to leave the hook, yet survivors are so good at hiding behind a gen or in the terror radius, that there won´t show up a new target for the killer. When that happens, the killer KNOWS that there must be someone nearby. When he starts searching = camping.
4 strangers = 30%
2 friends + 2 strangers = 34.1%
2 friends + 2 friends = 9.5%
3 friends + 1 stranger = 17.9%
4 friends = 8.5%
Yes because everyone uses mics all the time in every game. There's countless people that play swf and don't use mics. There's also all those pesky solo players that rampantly use mics to communicate with themselves.
I can understand camping when the gates are powered but when it's a Billy/Nurse/Huntress with Iridescent just standing within face range on 1st hook. That's not because mics at all, it's just a killer being a complete douche similar to the ones killers complain about looping endlessly in 1 spot.
Ok this is ironic in a way since killers tell survivors all the time to hide behind a gen and get closer to hook to counter BBQ. So now it's survivors fault the killer searches around the hook causing them to quote unquote camp.
Now if the killer looks around and finds no one that's fine, but when they sit there and do nothing but circle the hook or camp it that's camping. IF they're chasing someone around the hook, that's legit and not camping in any way shape or form.
The person getting chased needs to run the killer away so person can be unhooked, not sit there and try and fake the killer out and prove how cool they are at earning boldness points.
I like the ones that soft camp or patrol around the hook looking for that sweet 1 Kill.. then end up with a score of 6K and think they are doing it right haha
Yeah I've had so many games where someone obviously gets seen so the killer slow plays it out then gets chased around hook to 2nd stage then gets downed. The 1st person dies, 2nd gets hooked and killer goes off and looks for the smart ones.
Well again my comment before about killers advising that's what to do is ironic since it's do this well wait we know your close so ignore that prior advice. I'll get close to hook if I'm out in open and no gens are close but I'm not getting that damn close.
This has consequences. Since the killer won't see anyone, he might camp.
Every survivor who has even the slightest skill, can stay in the open, count to 4 and run somewhere else. Who's not skilled enough for this, hides behind a gen.
Survivors want the killer to leave the hook, but don't want to give him a new target. They want the best of everything.
Actually it is ironic since if you hide behind the gens the killer will assume someone's camping close and if it's a Billy/Nurse well then you're asking to get rekt really quickly by standing in the open. I'll stand in the open when I can't get to behind a gen or close enough to hook but if it's a Billy/Nurse I'm against i go super far away. Because I know even if i move for 4 seconds around after hook they're usually right on top of me or close to it by then.
I've got no problem giving them a new target to chase except when that's practically suicidal, Billy with controller strering and Moonshine etc=death.
Nobody got exactly what they wanted...