What Do You Think Of Freddy?

I'm constantly seeing different takes on him. So I compiled the most common suggestions. Sorry if I missed anything. I'll elaborate on my stance. I think hes boring, dreams could be so much but instead we have bleeding gens and tar blood. I made a concept about how I would do it if anyones interested (Shameless Plug)

My Freddy Rework โ€” Dead By Daylight

Comments

  • Map wide aura reading, potentially a very small Terror Radius (you could get it to zero with M&A and Red Paintbrush), and the ability to inflict a massive slowdown in return for the inability to immediately hit or pressure people made Old Freddy so different and unique.

    I wish they'd stuck with that concept; the idea of trading the ability to immediately inflict pain and death for future slowdown and information.

    -

    New Freddy isn't bad though.

    Strong yes; unbeatable/OP no. IMO there's nothing wrong with strong Killers.

    I do wish they'd done more with his add-ons though. Frankly they all kinda suck besides the slowdown ones (which should have just been set to 'does not stack' instead of being nerfed into the ground) and the one that reduces the distance at which he's visible.

  • He is perfect, but I miss old Freddy anyway

  • Absolutely fine.

    One of the best changes to the game.

    A real improvement.

  • I wouldn't have a problem with new Freddy if he actually had to put some effort when using his power, everything he does is passive or extremely easy to use without penalties.

    Also I liked playing as old Freddy, I miss him. :(

  • New Freddy's abilities are weird and kind of unclear. I played against him the other day for the first time since his rework (I've been away for a long time) and I could not figure out what he could do from a survivor POV. I've also played as him recently and I couldn't figure out what his power did, besides teleporting across gens.

  • I think Freddy is the third best killer after Spirit and Nurse. That's solid but I don't think he's overpowered per se, just better than average.

  • He seems to have only passive abilities, which makes him easier to play than most killers. You don't really need any specific skills; as long as you're good with other killers, you're good with Freddy. You tell me if that is a good thing or not. ๐Ÿค”

    Of course, as always, there is a difference between rank 20 and 1 Freddy.

    But no matter what rank I play against, being an obession stuck in the Dream World the entire game is playing on my nerves. ๐Ÿ’€