the struggle is real

When will the devs change the struggle mechanic. Mashing my fingers on a key or controller and for some reason I still let go is becoming extremely frustrating. I know people always like to complaining that its a 1v4 and killers are outmatched but anything less and its a cakewalk for killers.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Nothing announced yet. But the devs did gather some feedback on a past survey they did in which they asked if players liked the struggle phase of the Piramid Head cages which is based on skill checks compared to tapping. ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

    Some people also go around it by changing the keybindings and binding it on mouse wheel. Try it, maybe it can help you out. ๐Ÿ™‚

  • @behave_pt said:

    When will the devs change the struggle mechanic. Mashing my fingers on a key or controller and for some reason I still let go is becoming extremely frustrating. I know people always like to complaining that its a 1v4 and killers are outmatched but anything less and its a cakewalk for killers.

    @Gcarrara said:

    Nothing announced yet. But the devs did gather some feedback on a past survey they did in which they asked if they liked the struggle phase of the Piramid Head cages which is based on skill checks compared to tapping. ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

    Some people also go around it by changing the keybindings and binding it on mouse wheel. Try it, maybe it can help you out. ๐Ÿ™‚

    Yeah, hook struggle I just use mouse wheel. For a controller, I don't know what else you could use as I don't play console or use a controller.

    For the pick-up struggle, I don't even bother. I am not sitting here and smashing two buttons like that and wearing out a not inexpensive keyboard. Just hook me and be done with me.

  • @Gcarrara said:

    Nothing announced yet. But the devs did gather some feedback on a past survey they did in which they asked if they liked the struggle phase of the Piramid Head cages which is based on skill checks compared to tapping. ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

    Some people also go around it by changing the keybindings and binding it on mouse wheel. Try it, maybe it can help you out. ๐Ÿ™‚

    thanks but the change cant come soon enough especially with crossplay being in the game now. Im not exactly sure how mouse wheel will help but I'll definitely give it a try

  • @Kilmeran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/187201/the-struggle-is-real

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1583926#Comment_1583926

    Yeah, hook struggle I just use mouse wheel. For a controller, I don't know what else you could use as I don't play console or use a controller.

    For the pick-up struggle, I don't even bother. I am not sitting here and smashing two buttons like that and wearing out a not in-expensive keyboard. Just hook me and be done with me.

    yeah that mechanic is frustrating as well

  • @Gcarrara said:

    Nothing announced yet. But the devs did gather some feedback on a past survey they did in which they asked if they liked the struggle phase of the Piramid Head cages which is based on skill checks compared to tapping. ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

    Some people also go around it by changing the keybindings and binding it on mouse wheel. Try it, maybe it can help you out. ๐Ÿ™‚

    That would actually be terrible though too, because the pyramid head skill checks never accept my input. I can hit great skill checks no problem, I can hit DS and overcharge skill checks--but the pyramid head ones straight up don't acknowledge that I pressed a button.

  • @mintchapstick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1583926#Comment_1583926

    That would actually be terrible though too, because the pyramid head skill checks never accept my input. I can hit great skill checks no problem, I can hit DS and overcharge skill checks--but the pyramid head ones straight up don't acknowledge that I pressed a button.

    Sorry to hear that I think this probably will happen no matter what where your inputs somehow arent acknowledged during games but the Pyramid head skillchecks will be much much better than what we currently have. No more button or key smashing and if you miss you wont instantly die.

  • @Gcarrara said:

    Nothing announced yet. But the devs did gather some feedback on a past survey they did in which they asked if players liked the struggle phase of the Piramid Head cages which is based on skill checks compared to tapping. ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

    Some people also go around it by changing the keybindings and binding it on mouse wheel. Try it, maybe it can help you out. ๐Ÿ™‚

    Problem is console FPS drops cause survivors to miss skill checks so not a great fix for console crowd.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1583926#Comment_1583926

    Problem is console FPS drops cause survivors to miss skill checks so not a great fix for console crowd.

    I guess it'll get even worse with the graphical updates that will gradually get released. I hope the add more graphics settings to reduce the effects for the sake of frames

  • @behave_pt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1589533#Comment_1589533

    I guess it'll get even worse with the graphical updates that will gradually get released. I hope the add more graphics settings to reduce the effects for the sake of frames

    I'm not bashing BHVR with this, but don't hold your breath on that one. Four years of DbD's history shows that's unlikely.