Hackers/Lag Switchers
So one of my first games of the day had to be spoiled by cheaters. What boggles my mind is WHY? They had already outplayed me. All five Generators were up; the gates were not open yet. I only had one on the Hook. I shifted gears and chased toward a gate where another joined her trying to get it open. They did not have all three lights on; it was not 99'd. Just as I was almost to the one holding the gate she LITERALLY vanished, poof as did the other one. The mirage only lasted a second or two at most and suddenly the Gate was entirely open and they were gone. It looked like a Lag Switcher, to be honest, but I suppose there could be a new Hack too.
All four Players had the Globe by their names, so I expect they where Console Players. I have video of the event and will be posting it later this morning. I reported it of course. The other two Players, who continued the match, showed no indication of Neo abilities in the Matrix so it had to be the Nea and her partner in crime who joined up at the gate. Come to think of it, I think they both spawned into the lobby together to as a 2-Person SWF. I don't know if you are listening, but WHY? Why play a good game, outplay the Killer, and then flush all that away by cheating?
Comments
But then again, I think I've answered my own question. Now I think I know why I was so badly skunked. The Gate was just the only time I saw them and had them in my line of sight while they were cheating. For all I know they were doing it all over the map.
Yeah, I had a survivor today that mysteriously lagged like crazy whenever I chased her and made it an absolute nightmare. When I wasn't around, her ping was averaging 20-30.
Funny that.
I honestly think there's some bug or something as I had a game where I was playing Huntress, my ping was around 40, but I'd just randomly teleport back a few seconds every so often, it really ######### with my aim.
I don't know... the game seemed fine and there was no lag whatsoever until I had them in my grasp. No other issues appeared after they left. I'll let you guys be the judge when I put the video up shortly. I just wish we could post the names of the hackers and lag switchers we encounter so people could get a list of them and know who to pass on games with (if they don't get banned).
Yeah it very well could be and likely is from your description, I'm just saying that recently I had a game where it was telling me my ping was decent, yet was acting as if I had near 200 ping.
Well I'm reviewing the video right now and cutting it down to the section where I saw it happen. And in the process I noticed something else. I had run one of these two off a Generator that was fairly well along but not right about to go, and then somehow in a split second it went. You will see shortly. I might be paranoid about that part so looking for other people with eyes on it. I was wrong about the gates though, they were 99'd... but that doesn't explain the vanishing or the lag switch.
Here is the link to the clip: https://youtu.be/EZf52gcD6Kc
Please review and tell me if I'm crazy or not.