Killer mains!
Y’all lil murderers <3
Wondering if you feel the same way,
Do you ever need to take breaks from DbD?
I’ve always had issues with the stress playing killer all the time can bring. But i also thrive for that satisfaction after a good game or a 4k.
However i’ve started to notice after those heavy games i find myself hesitant to queue up and go next? Say after 2-3 games.
Or i’ll switch up to a more fun killer and actually enjoy my games rather than actively trying so hard.
I solely play nurse, even pre-nerf which broke my heart a little <\3 but it was a needed change and she’s more than fine, however when i play Legion or Pig i actually have more fun? Idk.
Wondering if anyone feels the same way at times?
Stay Spooky<3
Comments
If I had a bad streak or feel burned out from the game, I take breaks. Sometimes weeks/months. Really helped me hold on to my love for DBD.
i goof around on doc with the biggest terror rad i can get
Yeah, I take breaks. Toxicity of Red Rank Survivors on top of the Devs not really taking care of the game just infuriates me. I'm usually playing Ark now and the only reason why I keep playing at this point is because of tomes since I'm a completionist.
Agreed,
I’ve still not found a game where flat out losing feels THIS bad.
But breaks could definitely be the way forward i’m just scared i’d start missing my DbD fix!
And Doc does goofing so well for such a serious character!
I really should take more breaks because when this game gets me upset, I generally get REALLY upset (which then makes me play worse, which gets me more upset, which makes me play even worse, which...)
I have now started to play more as killers who are "low tier" guys just because then I know I don't have to have the pressure I put on myself (because who the hell expects The Clown to win a match?). Strangely enough, I have actually found that helps a bit. It probably would be smarter to just turn off the game and not play for a while but no one has ever accused me of being too smart...
Likewise i genuinely get discouraged after some games which is strange as i’ve played for years.
Does definitely have a knock on effect on your confidence and that would make you start to play worse which is a shame.
Players are human and humans make mistakes and yet you can be so punished by a single mistake on killer and that just kind of feels bad tbh.
Agree on the “low tier low expectation” matches where the pressures almost off you where the second you load in Nurse or Spirit it is so intense at times.
Maybe breaks and nice casual games could be a fun idea when it gets too much!
everyone should take breaks so they don't burn out on it.
I feel the same way. I've taken weeks or months long breaks when the negativity and toxicity got to be too much. I keep coming back because the feeling you get when you dismantle a sweaty SWF is pretty great, and even better you'll occasionally go against survivors who just appreciate going against a skilled/devious killer and will tell you so in the post-game chat. I still try t spread positivity every match, because I want to see more of that and less of survivors who DC instantly because they think Doc is boring or who t-bag you from the hatch even though their team didn't do a single gen.
When I wanted to destress as killer I used to play Legion, Doc, or Freddy (both old Freddy and reworked). But I've recently discovered my new favorite fun-time killer: Bubba.
I do take breaks from the game mostly because of new fun games coming out and such. I recently got into Hunt: Showdown and I'm slowly learning while dying over and over but it NEVER comes close to the frustration that dbd provides.
I don't know if MMR got silent relaunch or I have terrible luck for matchmaking but I keep getting those games against very good survivors that sometimes are 100% in swf and sometimes can just be solos bringing everything they can to the game... and As you can imagine it gets incredibly stressful as I have to hope they will not be ready for the trap... but they almost always are.
Small PP builds, Purple medkits or even Sprint burst on a good looper which they use to first get 25 m headstart and then start looping on good tile...
I just get that feeling that there is nothing I can really do unless I play Nurse or Spirit which I don't really enjoy.
I take breaks about a month after new killer comes out. I get them to P3 50 which takes about a week or less depending on how much I play, play them for a few weeks, then usually take a break by the time the mid chapter patch is in PTB or out. Then I come back when they announce a new one to shake the rust off and stockpile Bloodpoints.
I'd take a break from dbd but.. I stream dbd and Lemme tell you. it's tiring to keep playing this game. you Need breaks and i barely get a break from this Cursed game... (...But i love this game x_x)